Life

Lute reflects on life through his latest track Life

During the Covid19 pandemic and protests against racial injustice, Lute decides to release a track titled Life. As stated by Aron A on HotNewHipHop, "Lute reflects on his life and the pressures of fatherhood...".

Moreover, what makes this track interesting is that it was released on his birthday, 6 July 2020. Therefore, the track is not only about him celebrating his birthday but also Lute's reflections on life.

 Therefore, the track is not only about him celebrating his birthday but also Lute's reflections on life

The track Life explores various social issues e.g. racism. According to qcitymetro.com, it states that, "The Charlotte native drops timely perspective on his new single, Life. The tribute video was dedicated to last month's victims of gun violence". Moreover it says, "The tribute video was dedicated to the victims and families of the June 22 mass shooting on Beatties Ford Road. He also dedicated the project to his cousin, Marcus Okoye Withers, who was killed in a shooting last month in southeast Charlotte".

From my point of view, this song is not only about gun violence but also the racial injustice faced by Black Americans. For example on the music video, we see the title , "BLACK LIVES MATTER". It's no secret that there have been protests against racial injustice ever since the death of George Floyd. Racism is affecting every black American, even Lute's cousin was killed in a shooting. It's time for change hence this track was released to express the issues Black Americans face in everyday life.

Life music video

The track Life is the second track off his upcoming album. According to qcitymetro.com, it states that, "Directed by Alexander and The Haus, it's the second track off his upcoming album expected to drop later this year".
This is a valid point to consider however why did Lute decide to drop the track Life during this Covid19 pandemic? As stated by qcitymetro.com, Lute said, "I wanted to put something together to remind us all, including myself, to just breathe. No matter how many times life knocks us down, continue to fight and put our best foot forward. I was saving this song for the album, but I needed it now and know others did too!".

The way I see it,Lute released this track to highlight issues such as racism faced in America. Moreover, the track was released to uplift others despite the hardships they face in life. This is shown on the lyrics below :

[Chorus]
"Sometimes life gets crazy
Some days I don't know up from down
(Some days I don't know up from down)
Life gets so crazy
But I can't turn my back right now"

Lute mentions the pressures of fatherhood. This is shown on the lyrics below:

"....Show my daughter if she fall, it's cool, just get back on your feet
I'm here to give you all these tools and then my life will be complete
Show you what you dream is true and what you want in life and reach
And now I gotta take a look at me and practice what I preach
You are who you wanna be
And now I gotta take a look at me and practice what I preach"

He wants his daughter to never give up on life even when things get tough hence showing Lute's reflections on life.

The track Life is about the reflection of Lute as a father and as a black American. The fact that it's about never giving up on life is one of the reasons why it was released on his 31st birthday, 6 July 2020.