Too High to Riot

Too High to Riot Album by Bas shows his observations as a rapper

**Keep in mind that when I say "his observations as a rapper", I mean the lessons he has learnt to grow as a rapper. Thank you. You may now proceed reading this music review**

According to Wikipedia, it states that, "Too High to Riot is the second studio album by French rapper Bas. It was released on March 4, 2016 by Dreamville Records and Interscope Records. The album sold 8,065 copies in it's first week, debuting at number 49 on the Billboard 200 chart".

Moreover on Wikipedia it says, "The album includes the guest appearances from his labelmates J. Cole and Cozz along with The Hics. The sonic foundation of the album is produced by Ron Gilmore, Ogee Handz + DikC, Cedric Brown, Cam O'bi, Soundwave, Subdaio, The Hics, and K-Quick".

 The sonic foundation of the album is produced by Ron Gilmore, Ogee Handz + DikC, Cedric Brown, Cam O'bi, Soundwave, Subdaio, The Hics, and K-Quick"

The Track List:

1. Too High to Riot
2. Methylone
3. Dopamine feat. Cozz
4. Housewives
5. Miles and Miles
6. Live For
7. Clouds Never Get Old
8. Matches feat. The Hics
9. Night Job feat. J. Cole
10. Ricochet feat. The Hics
11. Penthouse
12. Black Owned Business

There are varied ways in which the album shows his observations as a rapper.

Bas describes what the album is all about. According to Genius, it states that, "In an interview with Rap Radar, Bas described Too High to Riot as 'things lost than things gained'. He expounds on that in another interview with Complex saying:

'It's really about just those sobering moments. I think we live in almost a fantasy world. You're travelling the world, getting all this love from your fans, getting all this support from people, making money. You're living this fantasy lifestyle, and then you can get snapped out of it in a phone call. You know, just get some bad news you weren't around for--- someone you care about passing away, someone going to jail, your girlfriend tripping. It's about all of those things, as opposed to Last Winter , which was me starting to live that fantasy life and being like , 'This is the coolest shit ever', and not seeing that there are some side effects [and] sacrifices you're going to have to make. Those two years since Last Winter have taught me that. I put all those lessons into that album' ".

From my point of view, there are important points to consider. Last Winter was about him living a fantasy life where he was really succeeding as a rapper. Moreover where it says, ".....not seeing that there are some side effects and sacrifices..." shows that being a rapper has side effects and sacrifices. Therefore, this is why Too High to Riot is about his observations as a rapper because he has learnt from his personal experiences.

Too High to Riot deals with personal growth. According to a music review by Themistoklis Alexis on exclaim.ca |Mar 04,2016, it states that , "...Too High to Riot deals largely with personal, not material growth". Moreover it says, "Too High to Riot is a lesson in young adulthood. Bas has lived, learned and matured, but is still determined to live in the moment". This clearly shows Bas's personal growth especially as a rapper. He is not interested in material growth because of what he went through in the past. This is why the album shows his observations as a rapper.