Forest Hills Drive : Live

Forest Hills Drive : Live album review

The album 2014 Forest Hills Drive has become one of the first albums to go platinum with no features. This led to J. Cole releasing the album, Forest Hills Drive : Live to celebrate his success.

As stated by Dreamville Records, "History turned into an album. Just in time for Cole's born day, Forest Hills Drive Live includes thirteen tracks recorded live from Cole's sold-out show at Crown Coliseum in his hometown of Fayetteville, N.C. The show was also featured in his HBO documentary Forest Hills Drive:Homecoming".

The album is special in the sense that it was recorded at his hometown Fayetteville N.C and J. Cole performed on his birthday , January 28th.

As I have mentioned on my music review about 2014 Forest Hills Drive, it's one of the best albums of all time

As I have mentioned on my music review about 2014 Forest Hills Drive, it's one of the best albums of all time. This is another reason why J. Cole released the live album, Forest Hills Drive : Live.

J. Cole has stated that, "..this album is a journey...". I believe he was making reference to his personal life as a person and a rapper. Wanna know how? Well let's look at the track list :

 Wanna know how? Well let's look at the track list :

1. J. Cole's birthday

For example, the track January 28th is actually the date of his birthday. Moreover this is a journey about his life as a person and an artist as it is shown on the lyrics below:

"Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce myself. I go by the name of J. Cole, Cole fucking World, and I'm from the Ville. A few months back, I dropped this album, it's called 2014 Forest Hills Drive, and shit I don't know if people heard about that shit. They tryna say, they tryna say it was the first album to go platinum without no fuckin' features and shit. They said that, they said that, I ain't say that, they said that, but since they said that, since they said that. Fayetnam, if it's cool with y'all, andw only if it's cool with y'all, I'm tryna perform the whole fuckin' album for ya'll tonight if that's cool with you. Can I do that shit on some Ville shit? Ok then, on some Ville shit, ok then. But y'all know this whole album is a journey, from front to back, this whole shit is a journey. So before we get too far in the fucking journey, I wanna press rewind and take ya'll to a time where I was just a young boy"