Hoya Bachu Forest [HAPPY HELL WEEK!]

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
This was done as part of the on-going Hell Week Celebration, where I'm posting edits and stories on my Tumblr, AO3,and here on Wattpad (under my fic "Trap House One Shots"). This includes a Vampire!SamxReader Fic and Demon!ColbyxReader Fic. Tons more to come! Go check them out <3

THEME:
Sam and Colby AU: Hoya Bachu Forest

Sam was crying and Colby tightened his hold on his other half's hand

Sam was crying and Colby tightened his hold on his other half's hand. But, there was another crying sound underneath the one Sam was making, and Colby's heart raced. He screamed out into the dark forest around them in frustration and fear, bringing Sam into his chest. His instincts were telling him to put up a fight as they attempted to run from this hell.

All night they were being tormented by lights and sounds, thinking they could escape from this horrific forest, but it never led them back to the outside world. They were lost completely now, waiting for the sun to come up. At least, they were hopeful the sun would come up. Nothing made sense anymore in these woods.

"I want to leave," Sam mumbled into Colby's chest.

"I know," Colby murmured back, pressing a soft kiss to Sam's hair, "We'll get out of here."

From the depths of the woods around them came the sound of sheep, in bleating like screams. Both boys fell to the ground by the twisted tree that they had taken sanctuary at. Their bodies trembled in fear as they held each other tighter.

"Fuck," Colby was crying now, too.

Sam sniffled beneath him, clenching tightly at Colby's jacket, "If we don't make it—."

"No, don't Sam!" Colby warned, clenching his eyes shut.

"Please!" Sam tried to reason with his other half.

Around them more sheep bleated and a loud humming sound started to pierce their ears. Colby cried out, unlatching his hands from Sam and trying to muffle the sound in his ears instead. It was like his ear drums were vibrating out of his skill. The humming stopped and Colby could feel something wet on his fingers. Both boys watched in horror as they pulled their hands away from their ears to discover blood on them.

"Sam," Colby whimpered, wide-eyed.

"Let's go," Sam grabbed Colby's hand and the brunette did nothing to stop the other. Their hands squished together with their blood, sealing them.

The two sprinted through the forest. Lights dashed in front of them from above and Colby tried to peer up at them, but they were gone so quickly as they were there. Sam was screaming at him, but Colby could barely hear anything now. He turned in a daze to Sam and then his eyes went wide as he spotted the edge of the forest ahead of them.

"Sam—," Colby pointed.

Sam smiled and they ran into it, but their heart sank the moment their feet came in contact with the rocks. This wasn't the edge of the forest, but the clearing that was in the middle of it. Nothing grew here and Sam found it hard to believe when he heard that, but here was the proof. Absolutely nothing was beneath his feet.

"Colby," Sam turned to his other half. In the moon light above, Sam could see the dried and smeared blood along Colby's ear and down his neck, "We're not out of the forest."

Colby turned to Sam and swallowed, "Sam...," he reached out for his other half and Sam grabbed the brunette's hand, "I love you."

"I know," Sam smiled gratefully at the brunette, "I love you —."

"Not like that," Colby swallowed again and shook his head, "Fuck, my head is buzzing."

Sam's chest felt tight, "Seriously?"

Colby peered into Sam's eyes, "Forget it— my head—."

"I love you too," Sam sniffled, "Have felt that way since high school."

Colby paused, taking in Sam's words, "Seriously?"

Suddenly, the buzzing was back and both boys dropped to their knees, clasping their hands around their eyes. The ground beneath them shook like they were standing on a highway with a truck driving past them. The buzzing stayed for only a few seconds and then it was gone again.

"We need to get out of here," Sam's voice sounded like a thousand miles away as Colby pulled his hands away from his ears.

Colby nodded, blindly reaching out for Sam's hand. The blonde tried to pull the brunette along with him to run back into the forest, but Colby yanked Sam back. The blonde collided with the brunette, as Colby grasped the sides of Sam's face, "Did you mean it?"

Sam stared up at the his other half, swallowing, "We don't have time for this, Colby— we need to leave."

"Tell me," Colby was more forceful.

Sam paused, searching those eyes, "Yes."

Colby didn't hesitate and pulled Sam to him, pressing their lips together. Sam inhaled sharply, eyes falling shut as he responded to Colby pressed up against him. Colby wanted to fall into Sam in that moment and let the blonde just take him away. He was so used to breasts pressed against his and smearing lipstick off his own lips that kissing Sam in that moment was like a breath of fresh air. His heart ached in his chest, reaching out at finding the other half of it.

Colby pulled away first with a soft smile. Even with both sides of Sam's head and hair matted in blood from his ears, Sam looked ethereal. He grabbed Sam's hand again, "Come on— let's get out of here."

And the two ran back into the forest amongst the screams of things that weren't there.

Curious about Hoya Bachu Forest? Here's some links:
https://hoiabaciuforest.com/
https://www.travelawaits.com/2478360/hoia-baciu-forest-bermuda-triangle-romania/
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/hoia-baciu-forest