Wasteland, baby

They are running for their lives.

His heartbeat pounding so loudly in Colby's ear as sweat just drips from his hair and into his eyes. Black dots swim across his vision, suddenly, as a wave of dizziness just floods his system. Colby knows he is just running on pure adrenaline right now and that he is going to collapse if he stops.

He can't stop.

"He's coming! Hurry, Colby!" Sam yells behind him and Josh's heavy footsteps follow shortly behind.

Colby just runs and waits for the sound of a gunshot to go off.

Ever since he first picked up the shotgun shells, Colby was on edge. That was when his anxiety spiked the most. He has just been so high-strung since then. All he can think about is just running and the safety of his sturdy Corolla with Sam's hand in his.

"Behind the bush," Josh calls out to them and the three of them dive behind it.

Colby falls to the dirt beneath, hot to the touch from lying beneath the sun, and he groans, leaning over his knees with his head in his hands. He feels Sam's eyes on him and looks up with dazed eyes. His hands shake as he places them down on the hot dirt, leaning back.

"Drink, Colby," Sam shoves a water bottle in his face.

The brunette hastily tries to open it, but his fingers shake and he can't get a good grip. All strength seemed to zap from his body. Anxiety crawls up his throat again, ten times higher than before, and his breath comes quickly. A voice coos, "it's alright, baby," and then familiar hands come over his, halting Colby, taking the water bottle from his hands.

A knee lands in between Colby's thighs and a hand comes up to Colby's chin, tilting his head back, before coming to rest at the back of his neck. Water dribbles on his lips, creating lines of water down his chin through the layer of dust on his skin. Tentatively, his tongue sneaks out to get a better taste and Sam tilts the water bottle further to give his boyfriend more water.

"It's alright, baby," Sam whispers again, watching Colby's face carefully as color begins to slowly come back to his skin.

He pulls the water bottle away from Colby, who whines and glares at the blonde. Sam ignores him and swings his backpack around to pull out a granola bar and a Smarties lollypop. Instead, Sam shoves the granola bar at Colby.

"You eat the granola bar and then we'll start moving," Sam orders his boyfriend, aware that if they stay much longer they risk getting caught, but also heavily aware that if Colby doesn't start moving now then Sam was going to have much bigger problems than a trespassing ticket.

Colby nods, opening the granola bar and taking a bite of it.

Josh comes up next to Sam, "Is he okay?"

Sam nods, not taking his eyes away from his boyfriend, "Give us a few seconds and we'll be ready to go."

"I'm just gonna do my outro really quickly then," Josh nods, glancing at the brunette on the ground, before spinning on his feet.

Colby chews on his granola bar, staring at the ground around him, and Sam can practically see the inner workings of Colby's mind grinding. The blonde nudges his foot at the brunette's, "You're okay. Just a little dehydrated and all," Colby stares up at him and smiles softly. Sam widens his own smile and brings the Smarties lollypop out for Colby to see, "And I want you to suck on this on the way back to the car."

Colby's smile changes to a smirk, as he chews the last of his granola bar, "How romantic."

Sam barks in laughter and rolls his eyes, "Yeah, you're feeling better."

Behind them, Josh is finishing up his outro and Sam takes that as the que for he and Colby to get ready to move. Reaching down, Sam holds his hand out to his boyfriend. Colby takes it, pulling himself up to stand in front of Sam. The blonde closes the distance between them and presses his lips to Colby's in a soft kiss before stepping back. Colby stares at him with practically sparkles in his eyes and Sam smiles so softly in return.

"Now, where's this thing I'm supposed to suck on," Colby flirts with a tongue to his cheek.

Sam narrows his eyes as he smirks and shoves the lollypop in Colby's face, "This, you dirty asshole."

Colby laughs, taking the lollypop from Sam's fingers and popping in straight into his mouth. The candy makes a clacking sound as it hits his teeth. His tongue curls around the stick.

"Ready, Sam, Colby?" Josh comes up to the pair, shouldering his camera bag on his back.

Sam nods, "Yeah, we're good now."

When Josh raises an eyebrow to the brunette, Colby nods with a soft smile giving an "okay" with his hand.

And the three of them are off again, running through the wasteland towards Colby's car.