Halloween Movie Night

BASED ON VIDEO ABOVE:
C: "never have I ever hated a scary movie that other person may have loved"
S: "we would have all loved the same movies."
C: "yeah."
S: "I don't know how many scary movies we've watched together. Other than that time we cuddled– the one time–, but that's the only movie I've seen scary with you."
C: "did you like that one?"
S: "Yeah– loved it!"
C: "me too"
S: "didn't really watch the movie"

🎞️🎞️🍿🎞️🎞️

🎞️🎞️🍿🎞️🎞️

Sam tugged at the string on his sweatshirt as he curled up on his boyfriend's bed. Up on the ceiling, the Netflix logo was a bright red as Colby finished setting up the projector attached to his computer. The projection shook before settling and Colby turned to face his boyfriend, spitting out the end of his own sweatshirt string that he had been chewing on in his mouth.

"So, what movie tonight?" Colby asked as he tossed a fallen pillow onto the bed beside Sam.

The blonde shrugged, "Maybe something scary since it's spooky season."

An eyebrow was cocked, "You're not gonna get scared and fly out the door on me are you?"

Sam rolled his eyes, "Put a fucking scary movie on, dumbass."

Colby laughed and quickly navigated to the movie he had in mind. Sam watched as the yellow lettering came up on the screen and the music became very loud and he let go of the excited breath he held. His boyfriend bounded over to him, jumping into the bed beside the blonde, wrapping an arm around him. Sam settled into Colby's chest, throwing his arm over the brunette's waist, curling into him.

"I hate this movie," Sam murmured as the title card rose to reveal a white farm house.

Colby tightened his hold on Sam, "It won't hurt you."

Sam looked up at his boyfriend and narrowed his eyes, "You know The Conjuring is real?"

Colby nodded, "Of course! Now, shut up and watch the movie," booping Sam's nose. The blonde scrunched up his face in response before settling into the movie, grabbing some candy corn from the bucket on the other side of Colby.

The next hour went by with Sam and Colby jumping at various moments and clutching each other. Somehow they moved themselves so they were laying beside each other, staring up at the ceiling of Colby's room. Sam tried to remain calm by stuffing his face with snacks, occasionally shoving some in his boyfriends mouth.

But then, the infamous clap scene came on and Sam shuttered, turning his face on instinct into Colby's to avoid watching the jump scare about to happen. Colby hummed, raising his hand to Sam's face. Something clicked between the two, as Sam opened his shut eyes and stared down into Colby's.

"Come here," Colby murmured and brought Sam into meet him.

Their lips met, eyes instantly falling shut, as they slowly kissed. The movie was forgotten, lights flashing across the screen, as they moved slowly against each other. Sam groaned against the brunette, bringing his hand up into Colby's hair. The cold metal of Colby's ring felt like its own kiss against his flesh. Part of him wished his boyfriend would wear more rings.

Outside, the wind blew gently and the trees wrestled with the cool air below them. Even though they were in their apartment building in L.A., Sam felt like Halloween had finally arrived. He could taste the saltiness of popcorn and the sweetness of candy corn on his boyfriend's lips.

They pulled away, staring at each other, as the movie flew past above them. The only thing they cared about was each other and Colby hummed, eyes falling shut, as his nose nestled against Sam's. The blonde smiled brightly, before leaning forward and kissing his boyfriend.

If someone asked Sam what he thought about the ending scene of the Conjuring, Sam would have no idea what to say.