Rolf Doesn't Love You

You wake in a dark room. It was cold and you couldn't find your slippers, so you walk across the creaky floorboards of your attic room to turn on the light. At the sudden brightness, you blink a few times to adjust your eyes, then go over to get ready for the day.

You had to feed the creatures with Rolf today, so you decided to make yourself look better than usual.

If only he would actually pay attention to me. You thought He's always talking about Luna.

Luna Lovegood, the weirdest girl you'd ever met. And yet she's the one Rolf's obsessed with? It doesn't make sense. You knew so much about Rolf already, but he wants the family friend. You felt your skin start to boil and took deep breaths in and out.

"Don't lose your temper, Y/N. If it happens again, you're out of the job and that means no more seeing Rolf." you reminded your reflection.

You went downstairs where Rolf sat at the table. He was joined by someone else. Rolf smiled at you.

"Hi, Y/N. Sorry. Luna's gonna help me today. Maybe next time?" he told you.

You couldn't believe your ears. Luna was taking her morning time with Rolf AND her job. You felt your ears burning with red hot fury, but took another deep breath.

No, Y/N! Don't get angry! You thought to yourself.

Rolf and Luna went out down to the basement. You gathered the dishes and put them in the sink, ran some water over them, and let them soak. Then, you went downstairs to make sure Rolf kept being his awkward self.

What you saw was very different than that? Rolf stood in front of Luna, shifting from one foot to another. He was rubbing his hands together and he seemed so nervous, he couldn't put two and two together.

You inch closer to them to hear what he's saying. You catch the end.

"You don't have to reciprocate, but I've felt like this for a while now. I just wanted-" he was interrupted when Luna kissed him. You feel your heart drop and run back upstairs. You ran down the street of Dorset and didn't listen to anything, but the splashing puddles of rain water under your feet. Tears streaming down your face.

Never fall in love, Y/N! You think to yourself It's pointless!

And you stick to that for the rest of your life. You never returned to the Scamander household. you were invited to Rolf and Luna's wedding, but you did not attend. You stayed away from Rolf, because even if you never told him how you felt, some how HE was to blame for YOUR broken heart. 🙄🙄🙄