Chapter 24: Something Is Wrong

*didn't proof read*

"2 seizures in less than a hour." Said the doctor as she talked to Dani. Stef was inside the room with Andi who had yet to awake from her last one.
"Is there anything we can do? Medicine or something?"
"She's maxed out on all her meds. Her body just isn't responding to it."
"Are y'all going to run anymore tests to see what's wrong?"
"A CT and some blood test but that's about it."
"It's something. Better than nothing." She sighed and the two went in their own directions.

"Any luck?" Dani asked as she quietly walked into the room. Stefania shook her head Andi tucked another strand of hair behind her ear. "Not yet." She let out with a shaky breath and slight sob. Dani pulled her into a tight, warm, lifting hug, the first of probably many today.

During this process Andi had finally woke up, confused that is on to where she was. "Hello?" She barely managed to get out. Dani pulled away from Stefania and went to the side of the bed. "Hey baby girl." She said quietly. "How you feeling?"
"Horrible. What happened?"
"Based off of what the girls told me, you were fine one minute and then dropped to the floor the next minute as you were throwing something away."

"Where are they? Are they ok?" She started to panic. Dani grabbed her hand and took her thumb to stroke the back of it, in hopes it would calm her down.
"Yes. They're fine. Everyone is fine."
Andi nodded in assurance.

"You hear that?"
"Hear what?"
"It's a ringing. Like it's a very loud ringing."
"What's ringing?"
"I don't know but make it stop!"
"Baby girl what is it?"
"I don't know!"  She started to cry. Stefania got up and walked out the room to go and get her doctor. Daniella had one hand still stroking the back of her hand and another hand running through the strands of her hair. It only worked for a couple minutes until the two adults came back walking into the room.

"Alessandra, how we feeling?" She asked politely as she examined the teenager. She shook her head and winced in pain. "Apparently there's a ringing." Danielle spoke up.
"Alessandra can you hear me clearly?"
"Um..kinda, yea."
"What kind of ringing do you hear?"
"Huh?"
"Like a phone ringing or?"
"Um..I don't know how to describe it."

The doctor sighed and and wrote stuff down on her chart. The room was quiet for a minute. A scary quiet moment in the parents mind. Dani looked over at Stefania and could tell she was a little stressed out, as the veins in her forehead popped out and the shaking of her hands.

"Is there anything else I should know? Any pain anywhere?"
"Um...just in my head. Head hurt bad really bad."
"On a scale of 1-10?"
"54."
"Ok."

The doctor continued to write stuff down on the chart. She was mumbling things to herself. "Excuse me." She said and then walked out then excused herself out the room. "Just try to get some rest bubs." Dani pressed a small kiss against her temple and then went and sat down next to her wife.

"Let's go outside." She whispered and lead the older women outside the room. Still close by to see Andi just in case something was to happen. Even without the talk of words, Dani could feel the same emotions at Stefania. "I-"she tried to talk.
"I know. I know. She's strong. We're gonna get through this."

It was about an hour later. Andi needed to get a couple more scans of her brain so that's where she was at the moment. "Just try to be still for me sweetheart." said Dr.Simmons, who was head of radiology. Andi rested on the bed thingy, inside the giant tunnel.

She looked around the tunnel and sighed, wondering to herself how she got in this position in the first place or when this nightmare would be over. The bed started to pull out which the. Andi let out a breath of relief. "Good job." He said and helped her back into the wheelchair.
"Thanks?" She mumbled and once again rested her head on the palm of her hand.

"Head still hurts?"
"Like a bitch."
"I'm sorry kid. Hopefully we find something wrong and then get started with some type of treatment. Or not finding anything would be good too."
"Hopefully something happens."

Alessandra was rolled back into her room and to her surprise the girls were there as well. "There she is!" Izzy said and along with Kamryn they both got off the bed. "How you feeling?" Drew asked who came over and gave her a small hug.
"Like shit."
"Language." Stefania said who was in the corner on the phone.

"I'm sorry. You gave us a heart attack. Don't do that again." Her cousin verbalized and also came to give her a warming hug. They all spent about 30 minutes talking to each other before the doctor walked in. The girls left to give the family time to talk with one another. Stefania ended her call just as Dani came wondering out the bathroom.

"Anything?"
"We won't know for now. But in about 1-2 weeks we should know what's going on. Maybe less than that."
"What do we do till then?"
"We will prescribe her some medication to hopefully stop the head pain."
"What about the seizures? What happens if they continue happening?"

"If those continue happening we'll have to run more tests."
"Ok so we won't get the CT results until early December?"
"Most likely yes. And so we don't have to worry about the other tests, I'll like to do the MRI and blood test now." Not really feeling the energy to do anything else, Andi sighed snd whimpered a bit. Didn't want to go along with the blood test for sure but soon went through it, because the sooner it was over with, the sooner they could all go home.

Wednesday, November 24th

"This was not how I wanted to spend the break." spoke the teenager as she was getting handed her medication, along with a cold water bottle.
"Hey at least it happened during the break and  not during school." The blonde lady said and sat down next to her on the couch. That is where Andi had been cooped up these last couple days.

The parents found it more convenient and a little more safe than her walking up and down the stairs throughout the day. But that was going to change soon. It's the middle of thanksgiving holiday and tonight Gio along with his boyfriend, as well as Dani's sister, brother-in-law and niece, we're coming as well. Tonight they would chat, laugh, and prep dishes for tomorrow and tomorrow morning the house would be full of heavy aromas wondering around.

"Mommy?"
"Hmm?"
"Can I stay in my room tomorrow?"
"You don't want to be downstairs?"
"No. I mean I would but...I don't know."
"You can be upstairs but at least come down for dinner."
"I'll try."
"Speaking of which have you ate anything?"
"Mason brought me some chips and a yogurt pouch." She chuckled.
"Want sandwich or something?"
"No I'm fine."

Dani nodded and then got up to go back in her room. Andi pulled the blanket back over herself and with the sound of the tv playing in the background she soon shut her eyes. With the pounding and throbbing still being there and with the medication soon kicking in, Andi was out like a light.

A little later in the night, the other three members of the family soon came around to go pick up Gio and his significant other from the airport. "I feel bed leaving her here. What is something happens?"
"Want to wake her up?"
"No. She has her phone. She should be ok right?"
"Yea. It's like 15 minutes. We'll be back in time."

Andi awoke from her nap with the urgent need of using the restroom. She sat up and instantly the room started spinning. Her head felt empty as if her brain wasn't there anymore. "Mom?!" She called out. Wincing at the pain it left afterwards. "Mommy?!" She yelled again. Listening to the quietness of the house she groaned. Soon remembering that they most likely left for food or something. Andi got up from the couch to go to the bathroom. Stumbling into any and everything. After doing what she needed to do, she stumbled walking back to the couch. Less than an inch away from her returning destination she felt her body give out and hit the floor.

A/N: what do you think is wrong with Ands?? 🙊 How is her parents gonna find her? Is she ok? Let me know what you think in the comments. Hope you enjoyed and enjoy the rest of your day/night - Shay :)