Chapter 27: Going Home

These next couple days haven't been easy for the teenager as well as her parents. Everything was going good, Andi was making recovery quicker than Dr.Harris thought she was going too. But then in the middle of the recovery process, her temperature spiked up way higher than it needed to be, which caused more seizures, which caused her brain to swell more than it needed to, which caused slight damage.

The only thing needed at this point was for Andi to have surgery. This way they could physically kill the infection and do a cleaning to get rid of the infected cells that lingered around. Of course with the parents, this was their worse nightmare. Out of all things they never expected this to happen but they also knew it was the last option, her best option.

It was now the 11 of December, Saturday if you will. Also the day she was able to leave that trap house and finally go home. They had been in there longer than they interpreted. Andi was two weeks behind in school. Which in terms of her parents, it was the least of their worries. Andi was a smart kid, she got everything done but in this case, if she was in need of summer school to make up those lost credits then they'll be sure she does.

"Alright and the winning temperature is...93.4! You're good to go." Mario cheered happily along with Lucy who stood beside him. Andi plastered on a smile to her face and looked cheerfully at the doctors who stood before her. 
"Thank you." Andi said groggy, as she had just woken up from her nap.

"You know, I'm actually digging this new hair cut of yours." Lucy said as she brushed the short hair into a ponytail. Because of the brain surgery, they had to cut Andi's hair. All her long brown curly streaks was now shoulder length short. There was a tiny line in the center of her head because that's where they had to cut into her skull. But it wasn't even noticeable so that was good.

"I've actually wanted to get it cut short before. But I never thought about this short though." She chuckled.

"I like it. Doesn't fit your face but it definitely fits your personality."
"Thanks." She replied. "I'll get used to it hopefully."

Soon Stefania walked into the room. Her and Danielle had been switching positions throughout this whole process. Giving the other a chance to go home and have a proper meal with a proper shower. Keeping each other updated on Andi at all times as needed.

"You ready?" She asked softly, wrapping her arms around her shoulders. Andi nodded and slowly walked over to the wheelchair they had for her. Mario had the biggest smile on their face, like the proudest parent they could be. "My baby is leaving me." They cried out dramatically. Wiping away the fake tears.
"I'll be back. Gotta get my staples out remember?"
"You be sure to come find me when you do. I know where the secret stash of apple juice is." They whispered the last part, making the child chuckle a bit. Rolling down the hallway to the elevators, and from the elevators to the car, the teenager was proud to go home again.

"SISSY!" The young child yelled to the top of his lungs, as soon as he saw his favorite person walk into the household. Running towards her with his arms wide open, Andi sat down on the floor and let him jump into his arms. "MAMA SISSY BACK!" He yelled out again. You would expect him to let her go but nope he clung onto her as if she had just came back from war or something.

"I know bubbas." Danielle said as she walked into the area they were at. Andi wanted to stand up and give her a proper greeting but with the boy holding onto her it was hard to do so. "Bubba you have to let me go." She whispered. "Neva." He sassed.
"Can you at least let me go so I can get off the floor?"
He nodded slowly and backed away. As soon as she got up he clung back to her legs and then demanded for her to pick him up, which she didn't turn down.

"Sissy, wanna go see my new room?!"
She gasped. "You got a new room?"
"Yea. I got a big boy bed cuz I big boy now." He pointed to himself proudly. "Sason a big boy now."
"Well let's go see it!"