{{5}}

Pain is all that mattered in that moment.

Everything hurt, every single part of their body was in pain.

Nevertheless the most pain came out of their right ankle. They could feel tiny drops of blood leaping out of the spot where cold metal intruded the skin.

The figure wasn't even able to blink in the few miniseconds it took the trap to activate and hold her firmly in it's grasp.

Like an animal, trapped, was all she thought, as the adrenaline slowly faded away and the pain got almost unbearable.

-

Izuku was unable to stand still. The movements of the elevator/lift seemingly going at the speed of a snail.

What took it so long? Izuku couldn't really explain the sudden fear of Y/n possibly being gone. Though honestly it would've been smart to leave when he wasn't at home.

Could he blame her for leaving? No, he could not. It was almost scandalous that he had lowkey blackmailed her into staying with him. Of course that hadn't been his intention, but either way he had needed a way to make her accept his offer to help. And it had been the only thing that came to his mind in that moment, so what other choice did he have?

If he was really helpful though, is something he wasn't all too sure about.

Finally the doors opened. Izuku was already at the brink of insanity if it wasn't for the elevator/lift finally coming to a stop. Any second longer and he might have kicked down the door. At least he wouldn't uselessly stand there and do nothing.

His door was locked. That much was clear, but enough to calm his nerves it still didn't do. Why was he so on edge? His fingers were sweaty as he to put the key into the keyhole.

For the love of Christ, his patience was running thin.

After the third attempt his key slipped in its hole. The sound of the unlocking door felt like a relief, when also just a small one.

It was quiet. Too quiet. There was literally no sound at all and Izuku had pretty good ears. Of course not good enough to hear breathing from another room, but it was less what he couldn't hear what scared him, but rather that it felt like there was no human soul in his apartment, besides him.

The feeling of completely being alone creeped up his spine.

Izuku felt terrible. Did she really flee?

He wasn't sure. Funny, the number-one hero Deku, with his insanly good intuition, wasn't sure if his gut was telling the truth or not.

Hundreds of thoughts crossed his mind and like a child he found himself being overwhelmed by the weight of all those self-doubting thoughts.

Quietly, as to not disturb the heavy silence and maybe in hope to hear soft breathing coming from another room, he put down his shoes and pulled off his jacket.

First his feet lead him in the living area. It looked just the same as when he had left it this morning. Pillows and blankets laziely scattered around after he had slept on the couch, the coffee table covered with papers and notes from this night's deduction.

The kitchen didn't look any different. The food he had prepared for Y/n was still there, untouched.

Maybe she was still sleeping?

A bit of hope swelled up in his stomach. Maybe she really was still sleeping. Maybe it was just that she hasn't left the room, that made everything look the same as when he had left.

This time his feet carried him faster, not afraid anymore if he broke the suffocating silence. His footsteps resembled the ones of a giant. But he really gave zero fucks if he was being loud, he just really needed his mind and thoughts to calm down. He desperately wanted to get rid of that uneasy feeling in his belly.