{{17}}

It hurt. It hurt so bad!

The sharp pain on her back was  slowly increasing to the point it was overwhelming. How bad she wanted it to stop.

But no matter the squirming and kicking, begging and screaming for them to stop, they wouldn't listen. Not until she had learned her lesson. 

After all she had brought that upon herself, all of it was her fault. This would've never happened, if she had been a good girl.

-

Izuku was sitting at the table, Y/n in front of him, both munching on a piece of toast. Y/n was concentrated on the TV that was currently airing the news. Meanwhile Izuku just looked disinterested in the screen's direction.

The news showed Deku in a fight against a villain. This had been the day before. Izuku felt embarrassed and proud at the same time, seeing Y/n being so invested in the fight. It reminded him of himself as a young boy.

Two weeks had passed since Y/n met Bakugou. Izuku, in all honesty, had not been surprised that the explosion hero had dropped by, from time to time, always giving some weird and unconvincing excuse. Y/n became more comfortable with Bakugou, when also always keeping a safety distance of at least 3 feet between them. She often accompanied Izuku when he went to the agency. Shoto and Ochaco visited often as well, the three often taking turns staying with Y/n, while the other two went on patrol.

Yesterday some reporters had asked the number-one hero what he was currently working on, because people had said, he wasn't seen as often over the last month. They had automatically assumed Deku had some kind of case he was working on. Of course Izuku did not tell them the truth. Why mentioning that? It was just playing on the news, the interview where Izuku had been asked this exact question.

He cringed when he heard himself, telling the lie. Was it a convincing lie? Probably not, but it was enough for the reporters to stop bugging him.

Different from himself did Y/n not seem to mind the lie.

"Y/n, you wanna come to the agency today?" he asked when the news were interrupted by some commercials. Her gaze instantly fell on him, her expression thoughtful.

How glad he was that she wouldn't panic as soon as he asked her something.

For a minute there was silence, before she answered with a slow head shake.

"That's fine. You can do whatever you want here. I think I'm gonna be home pretty late, but that shouldn't bother you, right?" It didn't bother her.

Together they finished their breakfast and washed the dishes. Y/n had started to help him with little things a while ago. And though he never asked her to, it made him happy. On top of that was it adorable how she would blush whenever he gave her a compliment or thanked her, like it had been the last thing she expected to hear him say.

When finished, Y/n bowed to Izuku, the gesture being her way of thanking him for the food and then she vanished into her room. Izuku smiled after her. No matter how easily she got scared and no matter how rocky their way had been, there was always something precious about her demeanor.

Not having the time to stay longer in thought, Izuku got dressed to step out into the cold. Work was calling, plus Eri was gonna be at the agency today again, so he didn't want to be late.

The streets were covered in snow. Oh, how much Bakugou hated this type of weather.

When arriving he was greeted by some of his already busy sidekicks. Briefly he talked to a few of them about some recent issues. Then he saw Eri in her U.A. uniform, approaching the giant glass doors of the building.