{{9}}

Panic. Too many voices at once. Who were they?

Women, men. 6 persons?

It was too much. Where was the torturing but familiar silence? Longing. Longing for that silence.

It was too much, too overwhelming. Everything was spinning.

Just run. Just get away from the voices, just finding some place silent. But where? And how?

When did they start running? When did she drop to the ground, the panic stealing away all of the energy in her body?

When did the contents of her last meal spill on the floor?

When? Why? What was happening? She didn't know.

Silence for a moment. Everything became clearer again, as the panic faded.

Oh, no.

The silence was broken again, but that was all too welcoming. She knew those words very well, she hated them with every part of her being, yet they were familiar, so she was somewhat able to handle them.

She hated it, the words, yet she sucked them up like a starved animal.

-

A week passed and things changed again. For the worse, in Izuku's opinion.

The first morning Izuku at first didn't notice any change. Makes sense since he hadn't seen her before leaving for work.

However when he returned and checked on Y/n he did notice. He noticed how her shoulders pulled up, her body tensed, the way she bid down on her lip and how she was nervously fidgeting with the hem of her hoodie.

Not like the day before did she relax when recognizing Izuku, but instead staying as tensed.

Every single time he spoke up, she flinched, took a step back and never once made eye contact with the hero.

Her guard was up at all times. When he moved, spoke, she was prepared for danger. Izuku never once thought of harming her and yet she fleed from him.

What did he do? Did he upset her? He felt conflicted.

He also couldn't just ask her since she had left the room as soon as she had finished her meal, which was basically no food at all. She had claimed that she was full and fleed the room right after, without waiting for any kind of reaction on Izuku's part.

The day after didn't exactly went differently. It was quite the same. Every movement, every noise put her on guard. Izuku had more than once tried to make her understand, nothing was gonna happen to her, but she panicked.

Therefore she locked herself up in the bathroom and probably stayed there for the rest of the night.

Izuku was back at the beginning. Zero. Back to the time where she didn't trust him one single bit. Sure he never came that far anyway, but still it was frustrating. The worst part though was, that he had no idea what he had done to make her distrust him that much again.

Being on edge himself was all but helpful in order to fall asleep.

How did he manage to fail so hard? How did this tiny bit of trust slip so easily from his grasp when he had tried to not let go of it no matter what? The bigger issue though was, how to get it back. It was hard to get in the first place after all.

11th of November, roughly three weeks after finding Y/n.

Izuku thought back to this morning. Y/n had refused to leave her room. She didn't want to eat, which she normally would still do, even if she ate less and less by the time.