{{23}}

"Ochaco, they took her."

"What are saying?"

"Y/n--she's gone--there was a fight. They--they took her, Ochaco!" What was he doing? Something. He had to do something. Chase after them. No, he'd have no chance of getting them. They had probably been here hours ago.

They were here. Inside his home, while he was gone. Y/n had been all alone when they broke in. He hadn't been there to protect her, like he had promised, no, she had tried to fight them off all on her own. What kind of hero was he even?!

"Calm down!" Ochaco was yelling through the phone, successfully snapping Izuku out if the spin of regret, disappointment and fear, "We're gonna safe her. I'm on my way to your place, don't do anything rush, understood?" How was she expecting him to stay calm? Now? Of all times, now? They literally broke into his home to kidnap Y/n.

How did they know Y/n was here in the first place? Malika. It had to be because of her. They somehow knew of Malika getting questioned again and took that chance while Izuku wasn't home to snatch Y/n. Interrogating Malika made them realize where Y/n was. Because, as Malika said, everything was connected to Y/n and they made that connection as well.

He should have brought Y/n along this morning, despite Ochaco telling him not to. All this wouldn't have happened if he'd just brought her with him.

"Izuku?" How long had she been standing there? A minute? Five? Maybe longer?

"I--"

"Don't say it. No one is blaming you for this. Y/n wouldn't blame you for it either. We'll save her. We will." She gently but firmly grabbed his hand and pulled him down the stairs, pushing him on the passenger seat of her car. Perplexed he glanced at her.

"You're a mess. I'll drive." Secured by their belt, Ochaco raced through the streets of Musutafu.

"I called Shoto on my way. As well as Bakugou and the police. They'll help too. We're meeting them at Dynamight's."

"I broke my promise to her."

"What promise?"

"I promised nothing would ever happen to her again, that they'd never find her. I vowed to keep her save. But she's not. She's with them again. Again she's in danger."

"Stop. It's not your fault; it's theirs for whatever terrible thing they want with her." Ochaco smiled reassuringly, yet her smile couldn't hide her own fear and panic from showing in her eyes.

-

They rushed into Bakugou's agency, which was already encircled by police cars. All eyes turned on the number-one and number-five hero as they both walzed into Dynamight's agency.

"Deku!" They heard the rugh voice of Bakugou shout across the lobby. But even his voice hinted worry.

"Kacchan, I--"

"Don't bother, Deku. Round face already told me of those fuckers. So calm down. We need your mind to be calm or else this won't work." Izuku's focus shifted from Bakugou to Uraraka, who nodded along with what Bakugou said.

"Don't worry. We'll get her back and those bastards to prison."

"Deku." This time his name was called by the voice, belonging to detective chief Tsukauchi.

"Uravity notified us about the in your care befinding Y/n L/n's kidnapping. Is that accurate?"

"Yes. Y/n was supposedly died four years ago in an accident. It was the accident we wanted to know about this afternoon, the one you were in charge of." Not interrupting Deku, Tsukauchi listened, "fact is, she's not dead. Her friend had been right. She was kidnapped and her captors hid it behind her fake death."