{{21}}

This was the final straw. Time seemed to stand still, yet also seemed to go by too quickly for her to keep up with.

One hand on her jaw, the other buried in her hair, which was clutched hard till her scalp burned. Fighting would not help her; in fact, it would only make things worse.

Even though she knew sobbing wouldn't help, it was all she could do in addition to shouting and begging for mercy, which was challenging with her mouth held open.

As the woman approached her carefully, holding something sharp in her hand, it was likely the last time she verbalized anything.

-

It was the next day. 9am. Izuku had a peculiar and unsettling feeling in his gut as he drove to Uravitys agency.

Y/n he had left at his apartment, finding that she was still fast asleep.
He checked his phone for another text from Ochaco as he approached the building he would soon enter. She had instructed him to come early the next morning and had not texted him since.

He approached the doors dressed in his hero costume. The lobby was mostly deserted, which was unusual. There's not many people around in general this morning.

He quickly declared his presence to the secretary, whom he knew, and then proceeded to Ochaco's office. He didn't see anyone on the way.

He knocked twice on the wooden door and waited until a gentle 'it's open' came back.

As soon as he walked in, he was greeted by a tense-looking Ochaco. Her smile was forced and not at all like the relaxed smile she usually flashed.

"I'm here. So, what exactly were you wishing to discuss?" For a brief moment, Izuku's directness seemed to catch her off guard, but she quickly composed herself with a clearing of her throat.

"How about you take a seat first?" She was standing alone, one finger twirling a strand of her hair as she gazed out the window. Izuku followed the instructions.

"Something happened, Ochaco. I'd appreciate it if you could explain to me what it is." She exhaled and took a seat in the chair directly across from him. She took a stack of papers from one of her drawers and set them in front of Izuku to read.

"Just take a look. However, don't get too hopeful just yet. I'm simply curious as to your thoughts on the matter." As she watched Izuku take the first sheet, she appeared nervous.

He recognized it as someone's file at first glance, as they were common in every police station. His breath caught in his throat as he read the name of the person.

Y/n L/n

"Can you tell me what this means?" He inquired, despite the fact that he was well aware of what this meant. By removing the blind that was covering the person's photo, Ochaco confirmed his suspicions. Someone who looked like Y/n was to be seen. Exactly like her. They'd found her. Her last name was L/n.

"Is that what you were trying to show me? That's fantastic, Ochaco-" He was stopped mid-sentence.

"Please read the rest of the file, Izuku." What was the point of this? But he obeyed her demand.

There was information regarding her birthplace, as well as a copy of her birth certificate, her family, her address, her age (she was 24), and her quirk.

But what was it that made Ochaco so tense? What was it that he didn't notice?

Then he did see it. A usually empty column.

Passed 11.07.2148.

She was no longer alive. How did that happen?

"Passed?" He spoke his thoughts aloud.