{{16}}

Was that really her?

It didn't feel real, not like the reflection in the mirror was really her. She looked like a completely different person. A broken one. Dead. Like a creature that once was human.

Was that really her own reflection and not rather someone else's? She wanted it to be someone else because what she saw disgusted her.

-

After explaining, the explosion hero stayed quiet. None of the other three knew how to take Bakugou's silence. Especially Y/n was beginning to sweat as the seconds ticked by. Why wasn't he saying anything?

"So. To sum it up, you-" he said as he was pointing at Izuku, "were acting weird because you kept Y/n a secret and tried to handle the issue all on your own, the way you always do. Plus... Y/n is a rather problematic problem kid." That she was not a kid he was aware of, however did the curled up posture Y/n was in remind him of a scared kid.

There was a long pause in which Bakugou looked sternly at Izuku, the way a parent would when scolding their kid.

"That's the short version, yes." Ochaco confirmed, though Bakugou had directed his question at Izuku.

"And you never thought of just asking her?" He was asking the obvious now. Of course Izuku had. Moreover he had actually done so already. Y/n had refused to tell him though. She was scared of any possible consequences. She had unlikely only experienced simple domestic violence, it had been something worse, something that would make her be that terrified.

Added to that Izuku had been the one who wanted to find the source of Y/n's trauma. She never intended to go that far.

"I'm not forcing her to speak and I won't in the future. It was my idea to investigate and not hers. I'm not going to force her into something that she never asked to be part of, even if that means I have to work twice as hard." 

Y/n was letting her head hang low.

Bakugou considered Izuku's words for a moment before speaking up with a exaggerated sigh.

"Guess we have to do it the hard way then. Wouldn't be any fun if we just did it the easy way, anyway."

"We?" Izuku and Ochaco both said in sync.

"Yes, we. Deku, you really think you can just tell me such a crazy-ass story and then expect me to just walk away, so you can do the same shit again by doing everything on your own. You know you're not going to come far without me. And besides the old hag would just yell at me for not helping your helpless ass." Despite sounding like an asshole he actually wanted to help.

Bakugou was more than aware of Izuku's tendencies of always wanting to carry the burden all alone. And he could see how genuinely Izuku wanted to help Y/n. Besides Bakugou was craving something challenging, something that would bring him to his limits.

"I should have expected no less from you Kacchan." The heroes exchanged meaningful looks. Ochaco and Izuku were both smiling, Bakugou was doing...something that was probably meant as a smile, though it looked more like a devilish smirk.

While the heroes were having that silent exchange, Y/n was internally panicking. What did those looks mean? However was the greatest mystery were the tension had suddenly disappeared to.

When she couldn't take it anymore to be the only one not knowing what was going on, she grabbed her scrapbook and started to write.

Are you really friends?

"Huh?" came from all three mouths at the same time.

I don't know. I just never saw friends talk to each other like that. I shouldn't have asked. I'm sorry.