{{6}}

Screams.

A person screaming, begging for it to stop.

But no matter how often they would beg and say no, nothing made it stop, so more tears were shed and more whimpers and pleas could be heard.

When would it finally end?

-

Izuku was finally finished and could take a seat at the table, to get some food in his own stomach.

It had taken him a while to finish, but thanks to Y/n's slow eating he didn't have to eat alone. At this point Izuku really didn't mind Y/n's sloth-like eating speed. Actually it made him eat slower and in a more healthy pace, himself.

It was sad, how most couldn't enjoy their food anymore, due to not having the time to.

As to be expected it was quiet. Y/n was more relaxed herself now and instead of rushing, taking all the time she needed to finish her plate. Though Izuku didn't look at her, to not stress her out, he could feel her being less cautious of him in that moment.

Sure, Izuku was curious as to why she ate abnormally, but in all honesty he would probably make her feel uncomfortable if he asked, and that's the last thing he needed. He had the sense, it would be a rather sensitive topic, she would not like to explain.

On the other hand he really wanted a better way for them to communicate with each other. He knew his way around sign language, but was no person to teach her all those things, only the basics.

Maybe Izuku should ask Kacchan to help him teach her, since the explosion hero was becoming deaf due to his quirk and was and excellent sign language user.

Bakugou wasn't completely deaf yet, but it was likely to happen at some point, so he and his friends, including Izuku, were able to use sign language. It made it easier for Bakugou, so he didn't have to use his hearing aids all the time, since he found them quite annoying.

Soon but his thoughts returned to Y/n. He shot her a few glances, seeing she was glaring at her food again.

Though she had seemed relaxed at first, she most definitely wasn't anymore. Her shoulders were pulled up, her body curled in on itself. Her eyes never found Izuku's as the hero now openly looked at her again. Her eyes avoided his, like she was afraid to turn into stone if she would make eye contact.

It made him think of Eri, the constant fear of something terrible about to happen. He recognized the same terror in her gaze, it was the same the little girl back then held all the time.

Y/n was a grown woman, but he couldn't help himself and see her as a scared child, especially that first day she seemed like one that had lost her mother. It gave him some serious flashbacks and he didn't like it.

Even then it made him more determined to help Y/n.

He would not make the same mistake and let her leave, like had done with Eri. Even all those years back, he still kind of regretted it.

Some more minutes passed and surprisingly Y/n had finished the whole plate. Quickly he grabbed the plate, starting to wash the rest dishes as well.

How could he have forgotten that Y/n was still sitting at the table? Yes, he had kind of forgotten, so it startled him when he saw her still quietly sitting there, her eyes fixed on her lap, her body not even moving a single inch. It looked even like she tried to breath as silently as possible.

Internally he facepalmed, while looking at the obviously uncomfortable figure. Again she looked like a child, and it was to some insane extent freaking Izuku out, because by no means was this behavior normal, something traumatic must have caused it.