1 - The One Where I Catch You Up

May 4, 2012

S.H.I.E.L.D.

Y/N's POV

  "Agent y/l/n, your presence is required in the director's office."

  I sigh, getting up from my desk and making my way to Fury's office. I've been working at S.H.I.E.L.D. for about 12 years now. I've been trained in martial arts, fist combat, and archery since I was about 8. Fury found me as a kid and trained me himself.

  I've made a few friends here as well, such as Agent Romanoff and Agent Coulson. Natasha is now working with the Avengers Initiative, a new team of gifted people. By gifted people, I mean a billionaire with a metal suit, a 100-year-old virgin in spanks, a scientist with anger issues, the literal God of Thunder, Robin Hood, and of course Nat.

  It's been precisely 5 hours and 26 minutes since the big attack on New York. Remember the god of thunder? Yeah, the one apart of the Avengers. Spoiler alert, his brother is the one who attacked the big apple. Why? Not sure.

  I reach Fury's door, about to knock before I hear a muffled "Come in." He always knew where everyone was. A bit creepy if you ask me.

  "What's up, Fury?," I ask the man, making myself comfortable on one the chairs opposite from him. I wasn't afraid to be casual with him, unlike the interns or newbies here. He was the one who found me, after all.

 "A whole world needing answers, that's what. We need someone to get them from a certain god." He looks up from the files in his hand to me. "That someone being you. Pack your things, you're an Avenger now."

  "Wait, what? I'm a-"

  "What are you still doing here? We have a schedule to keep, y/l/n," he says, shooing me away. I get up, leaving the room. After closing the door, I turn back around, placing my back on it. I'm an Avenger? And I have to interview the very man who killed so many innocent people not even a day ago?

  I quickly interrupt my thoughts, remembering Fury knows all. He may have one eye, but I swear that eye can see everything.

  ⚛

  I had seen the tower before, of course, but not inside. It was one of the tallest buildings in the city, plus the big 'A' on it, so it was pretty hard to miss. It was nice to see Stark actually using his money on something other than himself.

  Their were crowds of people and reporters outside of the tower, making it almost impossible to get inside. To my luck, though, I was in a car. If they didn't want to move, it was their problem.

  We pulled into the big garage of the building, taking us away from the swarm of people. If it weren't for the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents keeping people away, I can bet people would already be tearing the superheroes apart with questions.

  Once up to the floor that holds the rooms, I'm met with the very superheroes I was just thinking about. 

  "Y/n, you're here!" Clint rushes up to me, giving me a hug as soon as I walk through the elevator doors. I hug him back as tight as I can. He's been like a big brother to me since I've joined S.H.I.E.L.D. Natasha comes up behind him, prying him off of me to give me one herself. 

  "So you're the infamous Agent y/l/n Fury's been on about?," I head a voice from behind her. She lets go, letting me see the owner of it to be the tin-man himself, Tony Stark. "Just thought you'd be a bit older."

  "So you're the infamous man who used to make the very thing he's against now?," I reply with a smirk. "Just thought you'd be a bit intimidating." The blonde man next to him, who I recognize as Steve Rogers, snorts as Tony looks taken back by my comeback. Natasha leads me away before I hear a quiet "But I'm intimidating, right?"

  She leads me to a small room, holding a bed and a desk with a window looking out to the city. It was pretty bland, but that would change with time.

  "So when do I start talking to the trickster?," I ask her, setting my bag down.

  "Well we were hoping you could do it now, if that's alright."