34 - The One with a Long Story

After Loki's Pruning

The TVA

Y/n's POV

  I grab onto Ravonna's pruner, pulling her to the ground and bringing my foot on her stomach to keep her down. With her pruner, I point it straight at her. She's killed my partner and now my... friend. She's not going to get away with it. I place my free hand on the weapon, bringing it up about to prune the hell out of her-

  "Y/n!"

  I turn, seeing Sylvie trying to console me. I glare in return. 

  "Do it." I turn back to Ravonna, trying to persuade me to just kill her.

  I smirk, now realizing the plan. "No. You're going to tell us everything." I turn the stick around, pointing the sharper end to her as more of a threat. "Give me the tempad." She fumbles around her pockets, desperately looking for it. I take it as Sylvie comes beside me.

  "Who's really behind the TVA?"

  "I'm as in the dark as you are," she replies before groaning as I move my foot to her shoulder, forcing her down more.

  "Poor judge Renslayer," I tut.

  "Your whole reality's been destroyed," Sylvie joins. I clear my throat, drawing attention to me and my similar circumstance. "Sorry," Sylvie mumbles to me. "Tell me, how does it feel to be on the other side of it?"

  Sylvie grabs my arm, signaling me to get off. I obey, after pushing hard on her shoulder blade, making her retort in pain. "This is it, isn't it?" Sylvie mutters. "This is where you dragged me after you stole my life?"

  Renslayer looks at us in fear. "A fitting place, then, to take hers," I smirk at Sylvie who smiles in return.

  "And what if I said Loki wasn't dead?" I stop, listening to Ravonna's careful words. "Not yet, anyway."

  "I'd say you were lying," Sylvie replies.

  "Maybe. Or maybe we want the same thing."

  "How is he still alive?" I ask desperately.

  "How will saving him get us closer to who's really behind the TVA?" Sylvie asks.

  "It's complicated." Sylvie starts charging towards Ravonna. "I'm telling you this willingly!"

  "Why?"

  "Because I wanna know who's at the top of this. I want to know who lied to me," Renslayer begs. Sylvie lowers her blade, letting her continue. "When we prune a branched reality, it's impossible to destroy all of it's matter."

  "The law of conservation of matter," I mumble.

  "So we move it to a place on the timeline where it won't continue growing. Basically, the branched timeline isn't reset. It's transferred."

  "To where?" Sylvie retorts.

  "A void at the end of time. Where every instance of existence collides at some point and simply...stops."

  "Why?"

  Renslayer shrugs. "I don't know. The dogma states that the end of time is still being written. That the time-keepers are transforming it into utopia."

  Sylvie chuckles. "That's nice. Super believable."

  "Whatever the real reason...nothing ever comes back from there." I feel my eyes burning, threatening to let tears fall. "I can help you if you trust me."