36 - The One with Alioth

"When a branch appears, Alioth will focus on it," Sylvie yells over the loud thundering. Of course, the only way to save the universe was to go closer to the giant cloud monster. "That's when I'll enchant it."

  We walk closer to it as it falls to the ground, ready to attack the next branch. It lit up occasionally, showing some sort of face of a horse or dog maybe?

  We stop about 100 yards from it. It was loud, and the wind was pushing against us. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared shitless. Loki grabs my hand, comforting me for a moment, just as the nightmare I had before.

  It all made sense now.

  Loki stands back, letting go of my hand and standing behind Sylvie protectively. "What if we don't have time for another branch?" he shouts.

  "We'll have to cause a distraction," she yells back.

  "I've been told I'm very distracting," I call out.

  "No!" they say simultaneously.

  "It's true, though! One time Mobius was researching, and I was trying to show him that I could-"

  "Y/n!" they yell simultaneously once more.

  "You're not going," Loki shouts. I think I hear a 'I can't lose you again' too, but it was quieter. It might've been more to himself than saying it to me.

  I sigh in frustration, looking around. The two talk to each other, trying to think of a plan. If they kept squabbling, then Alioth would just eat us right here and now.

  Taking my chance, I sprint to my left, ignoring their yells and stopping once I'm farther away from them. I unsheathe my dagger, pointing it to the monster as it erupts in flames, startling me. So now I'm standing in front of a giant cloud monster with a flaming dagger.

  This is literally the coolest way to go.

  "Come and get me!" I yell to the cloud, waving the blade around to catch its attention. "Yeah, you, you son of a-!"

  It thunders loudly, cutting me off. It starts heading straight towards me, making me brace for the inevitable death, before it starts heading to Sylvie and Loki.

  "You bastard, you're supposed to chase me!" I call out, running towards them. It opens its mouth, about to swallow them whole before it turns to a blinding green light. I stop dead in my tracks, seeing a giant city -- no, kingdom -- being built from the ground up. Asgard.

  I start running towards the two before a sign falls, trapping one of my legs underneath it. I groan in pain, trying desperately to get away but to no avail. Loki starts running to me before a loud 'go!' is heard from the fake Asgard.

  He stops for a moment, looking at me with a worried expression. I nod, mouthing 'go' to him. He nods, going back to Sylvie to enchant that sucker. I struggle more, trying to pull my leg out before the monster starts heading to classic Loki.

  He looks at me with a smile. "Thanks for being my glorious purpose!" he yells before the monster devours him. 

  I struggle more, seeing Loki and Sylvie struggling. And the monster heading straight for them. I grunt and push, still to no avail.

  And then the cloud turns green. They've done it. They enchanted a cloud.

  I see them celebrate amongst themselves, jumping around and cheering while I still push this stupid sign away.

  "A little help here??" I call out, making them turn around with an 'oh shit' face and run towards me. They help push the sucker off, making me groan in pain/relief once it's off.

  "Are you alright?"

  "Are you hurt?"

  "Can you walk?"

  "Just shut up!" I sigh. "I'm not made of porcelain, I'll be alright," I say, standing up. And then falling back down.

  I hear them chuckle as I try standing back up. "Darling, I don't think you are porcelain. I do, however, think that you'd be better off not walking," Loki says with a smirk.

  "I'm not staying here. It'll be better in a little bit, anyhow." The TVA agents healed quickly, some sort of serum they put in us. I'm not complaining.

  "Oh, I never said you would. Now, bridal style or piggyback?"

  Sylvie laughs at the look of disbelief on my face. "Can't you just summon me crutches or something?"

  "But that's no fun," he pouts. "And it's harder to use those on jagged terrain like this."

  I groan playfully. "Piggyback," I mutter.

  "As my lady wishes," he says with a bow before picking me up and holding me on his back. I hold onto his neck as tight as possible -- without choking him -- and with one leg wrapped around his waist.

  We start heading towards the giant gap that appeared in Alioth, seeing a large manor of some sort in space. The real estate price must be through the roof.