40 - The One with a Choice

Sylvie and I continue slowly making our way to the strange man who pours tea into two cups. "One..." he mutters, finishing the first cup off and starting on the next one. "Two." He sets the tea down, turning to the two of us. "Please, take a seat."

  I keep my dagger pointed at him as Sylvie casts a glance toward me. He picks up the saucers. "Uh... Loki," he says in my direction, placing a cup down. "Loki," he repeats to Sylvie, placing hers as well.

  "Two sugars," he says before turning to his desk to pour himself a glass. Sylvie and I exchange another glance and slowly take our seats, daggers still up. He chuckles before sighing, looking at us.

  He takes his seat and continues to look at us. "Been a long journey for you, hasn't it? Lot of running. Lot of pain. And you..." he looks to me, spluttering. "You're a flea on the back of a dragon," he chuckles. "In for one hell of a ride. But you did manage to hang on," he nods.

  "Y/n went through the same things we did all for nothing," I snap.

  "Woah there," he chuckles. "No need to get all feisty. I'm aware she went through some trouble, but she is doing her part at the TVA-"

  "Doing what, exactly? Being forced to take away the free will of others even without her own?"

  "Actually, I was going to say that she's helping bring the TVA down," he says, plainly. I grow quiet, not expecting that answer. "Yeah, thought you might like that. Mobius is there as well, so I figured they could stay as that power duo-"

  "I'm not sure you quite understand the situation," Sylvie interrupts. "You've lost," she smirks. "We've found you."

  He gives us a confused look. "Duh. Of course you did-" I take this chance, charging up at him and swinging my dagger with a grunt before he teleports on top of his chair.

  "Woo! A swing and a miss!" he cackles as I growl and return to the front of my chair, Sylvie standing with me. "So, so, we're still doing that, hm? Let's get all this out of the way," he says, climbing down.

  He kneels down, grabbing an old looking book from under his desk and places it in front of him. "Okay," he thinks out loud, flipping through pages before finding the one. "Here we go." He pulls two papers, showing them to us.

  "You can't kill me because..." he places them on the desk for us to look at. "I already know what's going to happen. I closely examine the page, seeing a sort of script like the ones I had to sign when I first got to the TVA. "See?"

  I scoff. "It's a parlor trick."

  "Okay! Don't you wonder how I'm able to get out of the way just before you kill me?"

  "No, it's because of that little tempad of yours," Sylvie retorts.

  "Right. But how do I already have it loaded up with everything I need to know to keep me from being killed by you two? It's easy. I... know it all. And I've seen it all." He sits back. 

  "Everything you guys did on Lamentis, I saw. All the stuff the TVA didn't know, I knew. All the scheming, all the..." he tuts. "Talking. You in Y/n's bed, I saw," he smirks as I feel my face grow red, Sylvie stifling a laugh. "Quite sentimental, very touching stuff, by the way."

  "No," Sylvie shakes her head. "No, we broke out of your little game. That's how we got here."

  "No, wrong," he smiles. "Every step you took to get here, Lamentis, the Void, I paved the road." He looks at the both of us. "You... you just walked down it."

  I look at Sylvie, seeing her grow frustrated. "And I have the rest, uh... right here. Everything that's, uh.... that's going to happen." He fumbles with papers as I look at him in disbelief. "There's only one way this can go."