37 - The One with Miss Minutes

We make our way up to the manor, stopping just before the large door. My foot already feels better, thank the lord.

  I tap on Loki's shoulder, making him turn his head towards me. "You can put me down, now." He ignores me, turning back to the door. "Loki." Once again, he ignores me, this time a smirk forming on his face.

  I roll my eyes, realizing he wasn't going to listen. I struggle, freeing myself from him and landing on the ground. I could've done that in the first place, but it would've been easier if he knelt down or something. I walk around, standing beside him as he rolls his eyes and takes my hand.

  We stand quietly for a moment, just staring at the door, Sylvie in front.

 I clear my throat, leaning to Loki. "Do you think she forgot how to knock?" I mumble.

  "Aren't you going to tell me not to kick the door in?" she asks, finally.

  We shrug. "Never made a difference," Loki responds.

  She backs up, turning to us. "Well, if you think it's a bad idea, I prefer you to speak your mind now," she says in a panicked voice.

  "My mind says that you got this," I assure her with a thumbs up.

  "Nothing to say," Loki says.

  "That'll be a first," Sylvie and I say simultaneously. He rolls his eyes as Sylvie turns back to the door, just standing in front of it once more.

  Loki furrows his brows. "Everything okay?"

  "Yeah. Just need a moment," she sighs.

  "Right," I mutter.

  Loki gets into her field of vision again. "It's just you normally-"

  "Loki, shut up," she interrupts. "I was pruned before you even existed. I have been waiting for this moment my entire life. I just need a second to get my head straight, okay?"

  Loki nods, embarrassed. "Sure. Of course," he replies, backing away. He carefully strokes my hand to occupy himself while she thinks.

  A second later, the door opens with no warning. We look up, walking slowly inside. It was dark, with the same black marble that's on the outside. Beautiful stained-glass windows let in the colored light upon the mysterious statues.

  We carefully take slow strides before the door closes behind us, startling me a bit and therefor making me flinch. Loki chuckles. "Jumpy, are we?"

  "I'm perfectly fine, thank you very-"

  "Hey y'all!"

  "Holy shit!" I fall into a defensive pose out of impulse, more startled by the stupid Miss Minutes hologram popping out of nowhere. The other two, however, more intelligent in this scenario, unsheathe their blades.

  "What the hell Miss Minutes?" I ask, finally unsheathing my own blade.

  "Welcome to the Citadel at the End of Time," she says, ignoring me.

  "C'mon," Loki whispers to the two of us. We listen, stalking around the clock.

  "Congratulations. Y'all had an awfully long journey to get here," she continues. "He's impressed."

  "Who's impressed?" Sylvie asks.

  "He who remains."

  "And who is he?" Loki questions.

  "He created all and he controls all. At the end, it is only He Who Remains. And he wants to offer you a deal. He's been making a few creative adjustments, and he's worked it out so we can reinsert the both of you back into the timeline in a way that won't disrupt things."

  My heart flips. I could go back to a life without the TVA?

  "Won't disrupt things?" Sylvie repeats.

  "Mhm. The TVA can keep doin' it's vital work and y'all can live the lives you've always wanted."

  "What do you mean 'the both of us'?" Loki questions.

  "Well, you and Sylvie will go back to a timeline-"

  "And Y/n?"

  "She would go back to doin' her work at the TVA."

  Loki tenses up. "I won't agree to anything unless Y/n is apart of the deal," he demands.

  I hold his arm, making him turn towards me. My eyes burn, but I put on a smile. "Loki, you know you want to go back home. I'm not going to get in the way of that."

  He shakes his head, his eyes tearing up. "No, no I won't go without you. I can't lose you again."

  "Loki, you didn't even know you lost me in the first place."

  "But I dreamt of you, Y/n!" he exclaims, making me stop. "You were always there, telling me you believed me. I never knew what it meant until..." He gestures around him. "Until I came here. Do you understand?"

  I cup his face into my hand, nodding. "Fine, be stubborn like that," I mutter, making him smile. We turn back to Miss Minutes.

  "We won't agree unless she's in the deal," he repeats.

  Her face drops into sympathy. "I'm afraid that just won't work. See, He doesn't even want her to meet him."

  I furrow my brows. "But I came all this way-"

  "And he's aware of that. But... you belong at the TVA, ma'am."

  My eyes burn once more before I nod. I start walking forward as Loki's grip on my hand strengthens. "You're not going."

  "Loki..."

  "She can't make you," he says, tugging me back towards him. I hold my place, though, shifting my weight to my feet.

  "Loki. It'll be alright, okay? I'll be waiting at the TVA for you. With Mobius." His eyes turn glossy again as he walks towards me. He stands, my face inches away from his as his hands find my face.

  He moves a strand of hair from my face, looking into my e/c eyes with his emerald, green ones. "I need you to know that-"

  I interrupt him, pushing my lips onto his. Our lips push against each other, savoring these last few moments. My heart flips around, butterflies swarming my stomach. It feels as though it's only us, in our perfect little world.

  I pull back, remembering we're in front of Sylvie and Miss Minutes. His cheeks flush red, probably not quite expecting my interruption.

  "Sorry," I mutter. "But last time you rambled when we were that close you got pruned." I smirk. "I wanted to make sure I got to say something before it happened again."

  He smirks. "Maybe you should lead the conversations from now on."

  From behind us, Sylvie clears her throat.

  "It's time we get a move on, Y/n," Miss Minutes informs. I nod my head, pulling away from Loki, who holds my hand still, placing a gentle kiss on it before letting go.

  A portal opens, back to the TVA I presume, after I hear murmurs of 'I finally did it' and 'you didn't do shit' from behind me. I turn, waving to the Lokis.

  "See you soon."

Miss Minutes scares me

Also wowwww a kiss

I'm honestly not very good at cool scenes like fighting or kissing, but I tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's the marvel intro for episode 6 because it's awesome and is my ringtone :)