24 - The One Where Mobius Scares Loki

Mobius' POV

  "Mobius, can we put him in the time cell?" Y/n asks me as Loki is being dragged behind us.

  "Now now, Y/n," I chuckle. "Your mind is thinking a bit too brutally right now and don't you even say it isn't." She sighs. "Maybe it'd be best if you stayed out of this one. Don't worry I can handle him."

  "Fine... you'll still put him in a cell, though, right?"

  "Your wish is my command," I respond as she walks off to who knows where. The other Loki Variant is dragged off to time theater 47, while we continue heading to 25.

  "Well?" I question.

  "Well what?" Loki snaps.

  "I know you got some quip you're just dyin' to say"

  "Oh, I don't have a quip. I've got nothing to say to you."

  "Oh, come on."

  "By the way, I should have an equal amount of security. This is insulting!"

  I chuckle as we turn onto some stairs. "You just can't help yourself."

  "You betrayed me."

  "You betrayed me! And not to mention Y/n, she's been upset ever since."

  "Oh grow up."

  "You grow up!" The minutemen guarding open the doors, letting us into the room. "Y'know it occurred to me that you're not really the god of mischief."

  Loki grunts as he continues struggling against the men. "Oh, here it comes. The folksy, dopey insult from the folksy dope. What am I, the God of Self-Sabatoge? Yeah? The God of Back-Stabbing?"

  "Just kind of an asshole. And a bad friend." His face blanks, feeling guilty. "Yeah. Chew on that for a little bit. All right, it's ready," I say, opening the door to the time cell.

  He flinches, not used to seeing a red door. "What is this?"

  "You'll see."

  "Mobius!"

  "Okay. No no no, let him, one last desperate trick from the desperate trickster. Go ahead."

  The minutemen stop as Loki is out of breath. "The TVA is lying to you."

  I chuckle, finding this trick as amusing as the rest. "Put him in."

  He braces for what's coming, grunting as he's thrown inside.

  I knock on the door, opening it to see Ravonna at her desk. "Hey."

  She laughs a little once she sees me. "Shouldn't you be interrogating the Loki variant?"

  "He's softening in the time cell, but while he marinates, I thought maybe I could interview the other variant," I suggest.

  "Oh, no. Just stick with your Loki and figure out what that nexus spike was," she replies, looking back down at her paperwork.

  "I know but I think I can get there faster if I work 'em both together. Remember, you said we have a part to play and the part I play-"

  She chuckles more. "Absolutely not. She's just too dangerous."

  "Too dangerous? Come on, Ravonna, this is what I do."

  "And this is what I do. Nobody speaks with that variant."

  I sigh, trying to think of something to defend with. "I mean, if there's a mastermind here, I don't think it's Loki."