38 - The One Back at the TVA

I land in one of the time theaters, nobody inside. I guess I got lucky today. I rush out of the room, looking around to familiarize myself. This is hall 2B, so I only need to take 2 rights and a left to get to the apartments.

  I take my path, finding myself in a hall with doors and addresses. I scout for my own, frantically unlocking it and rushing inside. I scan the room, finding the little tape near the video player.

  I grab it with a huff before stuffing it into my pocket, running out the door as quickly as I entered it. I wasn't sure how much time I had left, so I was using each second to my advantage.

  I take a couple halls more, turning a corner and almost running into someone.

  "Jesus, Y/n!" Mobius says, holding his chest. "You know, you're lucky I didn't have this on," he sighs, gesturing to the pruner in his hands.

  "Mobius!" I smile, hugging him. He hugs back before pulling away quickly, scanning my features.

  "What're you doing here? Shouldn't you be with the Lokis?" he asks, concerned.

  "Shouldn't you be burning this place to the ground?" I smirk.

  He rolls his eyes. "I was about to before you came running into me," he chuckles. "But seriously, what happened?"

  I sigh before explaining the whole story, not even leaving out how Miss Minutes scared the living daylight out of me. He laughs, of course. He lets me finish before nodding, processing the large amount of information I just gave him.

  "So let me get this straight... you actually kissed Loki? The god of mischief, a variant - something you swore against - and just left?" I laugh with him.

  "You should've seen his face, too!" I add. He laughs more, finally regaining his composure after a few deep breaths. We start walking again, heading to wherever he was going.

  "Alright, so you have this... tape?" he questions.

  I nod, pulling the tape out. "It has proof that this is all a lie. I honestly couldn't believe it myself when I saw  it..." He pulls out his tempad, dialing in some controls before a small portal appears as I drop the tape into it.

  It'll be sent to B-15, where she will play it wherever she sends the hunters. It'll be some reinforcement, if you will.

  "You didn't think to tell me?"

  "I thought it was all a mistake. I didn't feel like worrying you with it, y'know?" I shrug. He nods. We finally reach his destination.

  Renslayer's office.

  He knocks.

  "I said I wasn't to be disturbed," we hear, muffled through the door. He opens it, leading me inside.

  "Well then you're not going to be happy to see us." She turns around, only seeing Mobius for the moment. "He's back," he whispers to her.

  "If anyone was ever gonna make it back from the void, I suppose it was gonna be you," she says, proudly.

  "Rude," I say, finally stepping into her vision. Her eyes darken as I smirk. "C'mon... what did you expect?" I quote.

  "Y'know one man's void is another's piece of cake," Mobius interjects.

  Ravonna nods. "So you're gonna prune me?"

  "I like that idea. But you know my standards might be a little bit higher in that area than yours. You know, with close personal friends. Like Y/n," he turns to me. "Would you ever prune me for the TVA?"