4 - The One Where Loki Gets Released

The same day

Avengers Tower

Loki's POV

  Today was the day. The day I could finally leave this foul cell, the day I would finally tell Y/N of my feelings for her. I always chastise myself for falling for a pathetic Midgardian like herself, but something about her was so alluring. It could be the way she treats me despite what I've done, or the way she laughs. The way she furrows her brows at anything that confuses her, the way she hums when a song is stuck in her head.

  Whatever it was, it drove me crazy. And I wanted - no, needed - her to know. 

  She promised she would come see me out of my prison, something I've been looking forward to. Odin's beard, why can't I get her out of my head?!

  "You do remember the rules, right Reindeer Games?" Stark's words snap me out of my trance as I turn to him.

  "Yes," I snarl. "I do remember all 36, Metal Man."

  "Apparently not. Remember rule number 16?"

  I groan. "Be nice or no ice," we say simultaneously. "It doesn't even make sense - why would I need ice?"

  "Well for one thing, you're a frost giant, and two, it was the only word I could think of that rhymed with nice."

  I roll my eyes. "Just get me out of this wretched place."

  "You do realize that you still can't leave the tower, right?"

  "Of course."

  The man furrows his brows before turning back around to unlock the door for myself. "JARVIS, open cell door for Mr. Mischief here."

  "Password needed to execute order, sir," the man in the ceiling responds.

  "Frosty The Snowman." I furrow my brows at the stupid password, but the door unlocks anyways so I decide not to mention it. Although I do see a smirk on the Stark's face when he sees my confused expression.

   He walks me to the elevator, a Midgardian creation that replaces the need for stairs. It made me nauseous on my first trip. The door opens as we step inside.

  "Residential floor, JARVIS," the man says. The contraption starts moving upwards, giving me the same nauseous feeling I had last time. I don't show it, though. That would make me seem vulnerable.

  The doors open once more, now showing a more domestic room. There was a larger kitchen, lounging area, etc.

  Everything seems normal until I see Y/N being escorted into an orange door of some sort by a guard that reminds me of the ones positioned in the tower. 

  "Y/N!" Stark and I rush over to the guards.

  "Reset the timeline, erase Y/N however. Renslayer's orders," one of the men says. The other one nods his head before looking down at his device, pressing on it before I can get to them.

  I don't remember anything after that.

A bit of a shorter chapter, but just some catching up on what happened.