Back At Hogwarts

MIRA MALFOY

I clipped my trunk closed, and carefully pulled it down to the floor. Dobby was sat at the edge of my bed, sobbing.

"Do— do you h— have to l—leave?"

It was the end of winter break, and in a couple of minutes, we were off to the train station. "Yes, Dobby, I have to go back. But I'll be back when summer starts. Only a few more months."

"Dobby does not want Miss Mira to leave the Manor. Miss Mira must stay, with me." Dobby continued to sob, eventually jumping in my arms when I sat down next to him.

"You'll be alright, Dobby. Just remember, you're welcome to visit me at Hogwarts whenever you'd like. We can always send letters."

"Dobby does not know how to write a letter."

"You know everything, but how to write a letter?" Dobby started to sob once again. Mum softly knocked at my door, before coming in.

"Mira, dear, are you ready to go?" Dobby sobbed, scurrying out the room.

"Yes, I just need one more thing to do. I'll be right down." Mum nodded, leaving my door cracked as she left.

I took out the small gift bag from under my bed, and hurried to the small storage space across the hall. Everyone mostly forgot about the space, considering we really had nothing to do with it. It was just left there.

But I knew what exactly would be there. I opened the small door, seeing as Dobby was still sobbing. He panicked, wiping his tears before realizing it was me.

"Dobby, I have something to give you before I leave. I'm sorry I didn't give you this on Christmas Day... you were nowhere to be found. Here."

I handed Dobby the gift bag, watching him remove tissue paper, one by one. Finally, he pulled out the first clothing from the bag. It was a plain black shirt, with the Slytherin crest on the top left side. It was one of Draco's old shirts.

Dobby gasped. He continued to take out more clothing; a pair of baby shorts I found a little while ago, a small beanie with pom poms at the ends, and pair of white socks.

"Dobby has received clothing. Dobby... Dobby..."

"Go on, Dobby."

Dobby grasped onto all the pieces of clothes, jumping in the air, "Dobby is free!"

I laughed, when Father called my name from downstairs.

"I've got to go, Dobby. Remember, visit me anytime." I gave Dobby a fist bump— something we'd always do when Draco and I were little kids.

I grabbed my trunk, and other bags, taking them downstairs. Before we had left the Manor, I made sure to have my charm bracelet from Harry.

When we arrived at the train station, Father had stayed behind, but Mum had walked all three of us, kissing each of our cheeks. "Have a safe trip back to Hogwarts. Draco, Mira, owl me when you get there. Have fun, and be safe, my children."

The train blew its whistle, signaling for us to get on the train. We hurried onto the train, finding an empty compartment for all three of us.

When we settled in with our trunks put away, we all threw our heads back, sighing. Mum had wakened us up at six in the morning, claiming we needed to eat enough breakfast for fuel. If anything, it made us even more tired.

Draco and Blaise had passed out, before the train even started moving. I looked out the window, watching families disappear as we left the station.

| |

Blaise was telling me all about the dinner with Luna and Mr. Lovegood while walking into the Great Hall, when Theo stepped in front of us.

"Mira, d'you hear? About Bellatrix?"

"Bellatrix? What about her?"

Bellatrix Lestrange was my mother's sister, mine and Draco's aunt. She was imprisoned in Azkaban after being responsible for Alice and Frank Longbottom's death; Neville's parents.

Theo handed me the Daily Prophet, the words "Mass Breakout From Azkaban" bold and big right in the middle of the page.

"Bellatrix... she escaped?"

"Just last night. The Ministry thinks that Sirius had done it, ya know, helped them escape."

"I can't believe it. Does Draco know?"

"Forget Draco— look at Longbottom."

The three of us glanced at Neville over at Gryffindor table, who looked ready to kill.

"Anyway, if Sirius is responsible for their escape, they're after him once again."

"Sirius wouldn't do that. Besides, why would he try to get himself into trouble? Does anyone have a thought that Voldemort might have done it? I mean, Bellatrix and ten other death eaters; it just makes sense."

"You tell them." Theo shrugged, leaving the Great Hall.

"You're lucky Thanksgiving passed or else that would've been a very awkward family reunion." I flicked Blaise's head, leaving him by the entrance. 

Sitting with Daphne at the Slytherin table, I caught eyes with Harry. He had smiled at me before being bothered by Hermione and Ron's bickering.

"What're you smiling about?" Daphne questioned.

"Nothing." I mixed around my porridge, noticing how Daphne would glance at my bracelet.

"That's pretty. Where'd you get it?"

I looked down at the engraved words,
"My Gryffindor", then the "H".

"A friend."