The Burrow

HARRY POTTER

"Voldemort has chosen Draco and Mira Malfoy for a mission?" Remus looked at me as if I were crazy.

"I know it sounds mad."

"Has it occurred to you, Harry, that Snape was simply pretending to offer Draco help so he could find out what he was up to?"

"That's not what it sounded like."

"Perhaps Harry's right, Remus." Tonks followed along with me. "To make an Unbreakable Vow—"

"It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgement. Dumbledore trusts Snape, therefore I do."

"Dumbledore can make mistakes, he said so himself."

"You're blinded by hatred!"

"I'm not!"

"Yes, you are. People are disappearing, Harry, daily. We can only place our trust in a handful of people. If we start fighting amongst ourselves, we're doomed."

We were silent, and Tonks had gotten up. Remus following after her. Arthur stood, placing the pillow onto the cushion.

"Come with me, Harry."

I followed Arthur outside to the shed away from the Burrow. It was very quiet out here. Almost peaceful.

Inside the shed, a bunch of old muggle items Arthur had kept; keyboards, vacuums, fans, anything.

"You'll have to forgive Remus. It takes its toll, his condition."

"Are you alright, Mr. Weasley?"

"We're being followed, all of us. Most days, Molly doesn't leave the house. It's not been easy."

"Did you get my owl?"

"Yes, I did." Arthur pulled a chair out, and I leaned on the table as he spoke. "If Dumbledore's traveling, then that's news to the Ministry, but perhaps that's the way Dumbledore wants it. As for the Malfoy's, I know a bit more."

"Go on."

"I sent an agent to Borgin and Burkes. I think, from what you described, what you and Ron say at the end of the summer, the object they were so interested in... is a vanishing cabinet."

"A vanishing cabinet?"

"They were all the rage when Voldemort first rose to power. You can see the appeal. Should the Death Eaters come knocking, one simply had to slip inside and disappear for an hour or two. They can transport you anywhere. Tricky contraptions though, very temperamental."

"What happened to it? The one at Borgin and Burkes?"

"Nothing. It's still there."

There was a big whooshing sound that came from outside. Through the windows, fire circled the entire burrow and shed. And there, Bellatrix Lestrange.

I ran out, pulling my wand out.

"Harry, no!"

Arthur yelled for me, but I was already running through the field. Tall wheat hit my face as I pushed through. I could hear Remus running after me.

"I killed Sirius Black! I killed Sirius Black! You coming to get me?" Bellatrix sang throughout the wheat. It was silent after a moment, and I heard a stick snap.

I continued to run, until I spotted Ginny. I blocked Greyback's spell before it could hit Ginny, and he apparated into the air.

Soon enough, spells were thrown at Ginny and I. Remus, Tonks, and Arthur had ran up, forming a circle with their wands out. There was a hiss coming from the field, then Bellatrix and Greyback had apparated.

Ahead of us, the Burrow had caught fire.

"Molly." Arthur realized the rest of the Weasley's were still there, and ran. We followed him and saw the twins, Ron, and Molly standing outside, in front of the Burrow.

We were all shocked. Molly, mostly heartbroken.

Their home... it was gone.