Narcissa

HARRY POTTER

"Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!" The whole Gryffindor common room shouted at Ron repeatedly. He deserves it, especially after how well he played in his first Quidditch game.

"You really shouldn't have done it." Hermione had shaken her head, her eyes on Ron.

"I know. I suppose I could have just used a Confundus Charm."

"That was different. That was tryouts. This was an actual game." Hermione reasoned and I pulled out the vile of Liquid Luck from my button up pocket.

"You didn't put it in. Only he thought you did." I nodded, smiling and slipping the Liquid Luck back into my pocket.

Confetti was thrown around, and chanting of Ron's name still.

"I'm getting a headache from all this shouting. I'm done for tonight." I wished Hermione goodnight, and decided I needed some air.

I left the Gryffindor common room, stepping down the stairs away from the Gryffindor Tower. On the steps below, someone was crying.

"I can't believe this." The person had said to themselves. But I knew exactly whose voice that was.

"Mira..."

She looked up, immediately wiping the tears from her eyes. She fixed her posture, staying seated on the steps.

"Is everything alright?" I hoped to sound polite, and hoped she'd wanna talk about whatever had happened.

"Yes, everything's just fine." She cleared her throat, wiping a stray tear on her cheek with her hand that was covered with her sleeve.

There was a piece of parchment and an envelope by her side. "What's that?"

She panicked, folding the parchment, stuffing it into the envelope. "It's... nothing. Nothing important."

"Mira." I held her shaking hand. A wave of comfort washed through me. "You can tell me anything. You know that right?"

She nodded, taking her hand out of mine. "Yes, Harry."

I sat with her, both of us quiet. We only looked ahead at the wall; once every second glancing at each other. I felt as if she wanted to say something, but she stopped herself multiple times.

She moved her head to the side so I couldn't see her anymore, and I heard sniffling. Her choked sobs were muffled when I pulled her into my chest, my arms around her.

She gripped my shirt tightly, her whole body shaking. I felt sad. Heartbroken. Not only because I had to see Mira this upset, but something terrible clearly happened to Mira if I was feeling the feeling I feel now.

A tear fell from my eye.

"Mira, love... what happened?"

"My mother..." She sobbed, holding onto me as if scared that I was gonna let her go. "They killed her."

I froze. Narcissa... she's dead? Who would kill
her— why would someone kill Narcissa Malfoy?

"I ran into Snape here. He gave me the letter, and said Draco already knows."

"Where is Draco?"

"I don't know. No one hasn't seen him since. They think he's ran off into the Forbidden Forest. I haven't gone to look for him yet, I've been here the whole time."

She pulled away from my chest, holding her head in her hands.

"Who was the letter from?"

"My father. They allowed him out of Azkaban. After he found out, about my mother, he ordered to be let out. I guess when he got home, he wrote Draco and I our letters.

"We don't know who killed her. Aunt Bellatrix just... found her. And now, Father wants us to go back to the Manor until the funeral and we come back to Hogwarts."

My hand was on Mira's back, rubbing softly. I moved my other hand to her chin, moving her face to the point where we were face to face. I wiped the few tears left on her face, leaving my hand there.

She leaned into my touch, her eyes fluttering open.

My hand that was holding her cheek, somehow moved her face much closer to mine. The tip of our noses brushed against each other, Mira's breathing getting caught in her throat.

Giggling rung through the corridor, Ron and Lavender coming out from the corner. Mira had pushed herself away; I, feeling alone again.

"Oops. I think this room's taken." Lavender whispered to Ron, desperately holding onto his arm. She had ran off, Ron staying in his spot.

"I'm sorry if we came at the wrong time—."

"No, the perfect time, actually." Mira mumbled, standing up with the crumpled letter in her hand. "Great job today, Ron."

He smiled and waved her off as she walked away from the Gryffindor Tower. He looked at me, and pointed in Mira's direction.

"What was all that about?"

"No idea."

I wasn't lying, I am completely confused onto what just happened before and after Ron showed up. First, she was letting me comfort her. Then, she completely ignores me. Right after we were about to kiss!

Godric, this is so complicated.