The Dress

MIRA MALFOY

The Yule Ball is coming up very soon, and I still don't have a dress or date. I owled Mum just a few minutes ago, asking for help to finding a dress.

Hopefully she wouldn't mind sending me a dress she's worn at her own Ball before.

Although Daphne and I are going back to Hogsmeade for more shopping, I doubt I'm gonna find anything nice.

"You ready to go?"

Daphne and I grabbed our coats, considering there was still a bunch of snow outside, and left our dormitory. Having a small conversation with Blaise and Draco, they both ended up joining us.

When we had gotten to Hogsmeade, Draco and I went into a separate store, and Daphne and Blaise went into another.

Draco obviously wanted to dress up as our house colors. His date was Astoria Greengrass; Slytherin and Pureblood, perfect for him. You'd think he'd give Pansy another chance, but to all of our surprise, she's over him.

Crazy, I know.

"Still no date?"

I scoffed, dragging my hand along the fabric of a dress. "I don't need a date."

"But yet, you're desperate for one." Ignoring Draco, I walk to another rack with blazers, only trying to get away from him. "Hey... if you're comfortable, I'll dance with you. Save yourself a dance before the night ends."

Draco may have been a complete arse, but he still loved me dearly. Like I've said before, I may want to strangle him at times, but he'll always be the caring, sweet brother I grew up with.

"I think you should get this one." I held up the plain black blazer, with great shoulder pads against Draco's chest.

"Mmm, it's nice. Soft fabric." He took the blazer off the hanger, trying it on. "Maybe do a little spin, yeah?" He spun around like a princess, making us both laugh.

"You're such an idiot."

HARRY POTTER

Before leaving my dormitory, an owl tapped on my window. It wasn't Hedwig, nor was it Sirius' or the Weasleys.

Should I let it in? Maybe it has the wrong address. It seemed to have a big package in its hands. How is that possible?

I allowed the owl into the dorm, watching it drop the package onto the desk, along with a letter. Without waiting for anything in return, it left out the window.

Harry Potter, was signed on the letter.

Opening the letter:

To Harry Potter,

This was your mother's dress back in 75'. If you're generous enough, gift this to Mira. Don't ask questions.

-Narcissa Malfoy

My mother's dress? 'Don't ask questions'? Narcissa Malfoy?

Could it be a trick?

Ignoring my own thoughts, I took off the lid of the boxed package. Inside, neatly surrounded by tissue paper, a beautiful folded dress.

How did Narcissa have my mother's dress?

I was told to gift this to Mira. This is good... Mira's been stressed out about finding a dress for the Ball. She'll love this.

Though, I still have so many questions.

MIRA MALFOY

Waving goodnight to my friends, I headed upstairs into the girls dormitories. I flicked the lights on in my own dorm, and there sitting on my bed, was a box. It was sort of flat.

Attached to the top, a letter from Harry:

Mira,

I knew you were having trouble finding a dress. Hope this makes it easier.

-Harry

I took off the lid, and carefully took out the neatly folded dress. I gasped when I saw what the dress fully looked like.

It was a light green tulle dress, with lines of sparkly glitter on the top part. The fabric was deeply soft, and thin. It was absolutely beautiful.