Slughorn's Invite

HARRY POTTER

"Oh, bloody hell."

Hermione and I looked in Ron's directions; there sitting Ginny and Dean.

"Honestly Ronald, they're only holding hands." We looked back at the couple, seeing how they were now kissing. "And snogging."

"I'd like to leave."

'What? You can't be serious." The waitress placed all three Butterbeers onto the table. I kept my eye on Slughorn, hoping he'd get up soon and make his way over here.

"That happens to be my sister."

"So? What if she looked over here and saw you snogging me? Would you expect her to get up and leave?"

I waved over at Slughorn, seeing as if he now noticed us. "Hey, my boy!"

"Hello, sir. Wonderful to see you! So, what brings you here?"

"Oh, The Three Broomsticks and I go way back, further than I care to admit. I can remember when it was One Broomstick." Slughorn chuckled, accidentally tipping his cup over, spilling Butterbeer on Hermione.

"All hands on deck, Granger. Listen, my boy, in the old days, I used to throw together the occasional supper party for the select student or two. Would you be game?"

"I'd consider it an honor, sir."

"Ah, you'd be welcome too, Granger."

Hermione chuckled, swallowing the drink in her mouth. "I'd be delighted, sir."

"Splendid. Look for my owl. Good to see you, Wallenby."

Slughorn went off to wherever, and I took my seat next to Ron, who looked a bit annoyed. "What are you playing at?"

"Dumbledore's asked me to get to know him. It must be important. If it wasn't, Dumbledore wouldn't ask."

I ignored Ron and Hermione's conversation, eyeing everyone in the pub. The doors to the pub opened, Mira, Blaise, and Draco coming in.

MIRA MALFOY

"I'll be right back. Don't talk to anyone if they have questions." Draco patted his pocket, making sure the necklace was safe with him.

We've come up with a plan to curse Dumbledore. The necklace itself was cursed, so all we had to do was convince someone else to send the piece of jewelry to the Headmaster. Should work if we're careful.

"Butterbeer?"

"Yes."

Slughorn had bumped into me before we could find a table, a bit of Butterbeer spilling out his mug. "Oh dear, I'm very sorry, Miss Malfoy. Second time today."

"Oh, that is just alright." Blaise used his sleeve to dry up some of the sticky drink.

"Well, it's great I've ran into you, Miss Malfoy. I'm hosting a supper party later this week, how would you feel being one of my guests? As to you, Mr. Zabini."

"We'd love to, Professor."

"Fantastic! I'll see you two then." Slughorn patted Blaise's shoulder, making another conversation with another group of students.

We chose a table not too far from the restrooms, waiting for Draco to come out. By the time he did come out, he seemed to be in a rush.

"Let's get out of here."

Draco basically dragged us back to the castle, and ignored us for the rest of the day. We couldn't even get a moment with him to explain what happened with Katie Bell, and the cursed necklace.

| |

This was a rushed chapter! I'm sorry!!