Dumbledore's Explanation

"It was like feeling someone else's pain. I can't understand how it happened or why it was."

"Miss Malfoy, what did you see when you were going through that pain?"

"I saw Sirius. Basically everything that happened after Bellatrix killed him."

Dumbledore looked at Professor McGonagall as if there was something that was needed to be said.

Harry held onto my hand, feeling the same amount of nervousness I was feeling. He was just as concerned as I was. Both confused.

"What? What is it?"

Dumbledore sighed, ready to tell his next story.

"Long ago, there was a young man who was deeply in love with a smart, beautiful young lady. The two students had such a meaningful connection that no one else could've had with anyone else. Their love was strong towards one another, and they were both equally loyal.

"One day, the young man got into a little... accident. The girl, on the other hand, had felt his pain— physically and mentally. Just like you, she was very confused. But we've figured out that, because of how strong their love was and the connection they shared, they shared more than how they felt, but also felt each other's emotions.

"When one was hurting, the other would receive the exact same feeling. When one was guilty, the other would feel guilty. You see what I'm saying?"

"How is that possible though? How can ones feelings cause something that basically brings them together?"

"Well that's just it. The way they feel for each other is what brings them together. It really shows how much they mean to each other. It's very odd, yes, but you'll get used to it along the way. You'll start to understand how it works."

"Professor... will it hurt? Physically— let's say something happens to Mira, would I feel that exact pain?"

"It will sort of feel like a shock. You won't experience the whole thing, just the hurt feeling Miss Malfoy feels when it first happens."

"And how we know what caused the feeling is by seeing the vision— from one's perspective."

"That is correct. If you wish for your person to not see the vision, you've got to block it out of your head."

"Like legilimency."

"Like legilimency, Mr. Potter, yes."

Harry and I were still very confused. This whole thing did not make sense. I mean... it's basically saying we share a heart. A soul. How powerful can love be to make that happen?

"Anymore questions? Anything that may be discussed?"

"No, Professor."

He nodded, getting up from his chair. His robes dragged along the floor, and Professor McGonagall had gave us both sympathetic looks as she followed Dumbledore out the office.

Harry and I were both still speechless.

"Crazy year, yeah?"

I scoffed, "You're telling me."

"Will we ever have a normal year?"

"Honestly... no. But, as long as I'm going through two more years of craziness with you, I think I'll be all good."

Harry chuckled, kissing my lips.

"I love you, Mira Malfoy."

Say it.

Say it.

No. I can't. Not yet.

I kissed the tip of his nose, burying my face into his chest, as he hugged me tightly.

And I love you, Harry Potter.

| |

It's the end of Order of the Phoenix. Onto
Half Blood Prince!