I Will Always Love You

Once again, I found myself alone in my apartment. This time it was different. Secretly I wished a knock would be at my door and Josh would ask to come in like he did a few nights ago. The knock never came and I began to realize I would be spending my Friday night alone. I quickly drifted off to sleep while watching Youtube on my phone. 

 I was startled awake by a pounding at my door. Sunlight cascade through the windows letting me know it was the next day. The pounding sounded again. What was going on? I jumped out of bed making my way to the door. 

"It is the our first day off and we have plans" Josh said pushing his way into the room. He turns around to face me and his eyes widen. I look down to realize I stood in just a crop top and my underwear. "You are going to have to put clothes on though before we leave."

"What are you talking about" I ask as I close the door.

"Well most places have a no shirt, no shoes, no service policy-"

"Josh not what I meant. What plans?" I made my way back into the main area of the apartment. 

"Well I thought we could visit the Country Music Hall of Fame" Josh explained as I rummaged through my clothes. 

"That sounds fun, when are the others meeting us?" I had no idea what to wear.

"I actually made the plans for just us." Josh turned a little red as he admitted this to me. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach, he made plans for just us.

"Ok, how does this look" I ask showing off the outfit I had settle on. I had put on a midi-length denim skirt and a John Denver t-shirt. 

"Fantastic" Josh beamed as he got off the couch where he had made himself comfortable. Seeing him sit there flashed me back to the other night. 

"No stay sitting... I still have to do a little makeup and brush my hair." I threw on my red cowboy boots and a black vest before shuffling my music and heading the the bathroom. 

Ten minutes later I emerged from the bathroom to see Josh reading through more of Angie's script. "You enjoying your read... again" I tease. 

Josh looked up and a smile crept across his face. "I enjoy your feedback."

"Well hopefully Angie does too if I ever sent it to her before I forget." I grabbed my phone and and wallet from the counter and put them into my purse. "Ready?"

"Most certainly" Josh said hoping over the back of the couch and going to stand next to me.  His open white blouse flowed the whole way over. 

"You know I am very excited. I hope they have some of Roy Acuff's things." I say as we enter the museum. 

"You like country music?" Josh asked as he grabbed my hand. 

I did not have time to process his action because my brain was excited to answer his question. "Are you kidding, I love country music. Well I love old country music. Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Hank Snow, Roy Acuff, Lefty Frizzel and of course the queen herself, Dolly." 

"Lucky for you we got some of those artist's memorial here" a man said stepping out from behind a desk and making his way over to us. He shook Josh's hand before continuing "I am excited to be your personal tour guide today. We have pulled some great pieces."

"Pulled" I questioned out loud.

"Yes, we have pulled some items in storage that you guys will be able to see up close and personal." The way the tour guide said it was so nonchalant but I was shocked. 

Josh squeezed my hand in his and I looked over to see him staring at me. "How did you swing this" I mouthed to him. 

He started to swing our intertwined hands back and forth. "I have connections. I am glad you are excited."