Batmobile

After getting dressed I hurried out as quietly as I could, finding Batman perched upon the side of his Batmobile. 

Batmobile, fucking hiliarious.

He hopped in, motioning for me to follow him.

As I climbed into the vehicle, I marveled at all the different buttons swarming around the dark interior. The plush leather seat was practically molding against my body, and I got myself comfortable.

Shivering, I pulled my black leather jacket tighter around my torso.

Batman reached forward, flipping a button. Hot air blasted out of the vents, encasing me in a pleasurable warmth.

It was so…comfy in here.

Unable to help myself I sank further into the seat, happy thoughts of never leaving fluttering through my head. I shook them away. 

I’m on a mission right now, I need to focus. I don’t have time to play games. 

Batman hit the gas pedal and we flew forward, engine revving to life for a moment before settling down and smoothing out.

He handled it with controlled precision, scaring the crap out of me. 

“Relax, I won’t let us crash.” 

“You sure? You do dress up like a bat and swing off buildings.”

I couldn’t see his face but I had a feeling he was rolling his eyes. 

“I’m not crazy.” 

“You mean not crazy enough to run us off the bridge, right? Because you’re definitely a little bonkers in the head.” 

Batman frowned and I held onto the handle a little tighter.

“And you would know? 

“You’re trying to save Gotham,” I deadpanned.

That was enough to make you as crazy as the fucking Joker. As crazy as a sane wack job can be, at the very least. 

“You live in the city that needs saving.” 

I was quiet for a moment.

“Maybe we’re both a little messed up in the head.”

He didn’t say anything and as the buildings whizzed by I grew tired with the silence. 

“Maybe.” He finally said, startling me.

“Or maybe we’re the only sane people in this city.” 

“That would explain why I went home with a fucking murderous psychopath.” I mumbled, more to myself than anything. 

“And maybe why you won’t let anyone help you.”

He didn’t look at me, keeping his eyes on the road, but his hands clenched the wheel.

I stared at his profile, taking in the way his mask frames his face. 

“I’m letting you help me, aren’t I?” 

He glanced at me, a serious frown on his lips.

“We both know that’s not the same.”

“I don’t need anyone's help beyond tracking down a murderer.” 

“Bruce Wayne takes your son to school.” 

“No, Alfred does. And stop fucking stalking me, that’s creepy as hell.”

Glaring at him, my defiance shrunk at the smirk on his lips.

At that moment, he reminded me of the way Bruce looks when he knows something no one else does.