Can I Kill Him Now?

There was a pounding in my skull and a thrumming as my blood crashed against my bones.

My fingers throbbed, pulsating from their spot, dead against the seat.

I could hardly open my eyes, and when I did I couldn't make out anything but flashing lights and brown eyes.

I must have passed out sometime between the peeling back of a car door and Batman's hands holding me against his chest. 

"Wake up!" There was a screech of a voice and then something struck me across the face.

I groaned, head reeling from the impact. Everything was distorted and it took me a long while with a couple of hundred blinks to finally get some clarity.

My hands were bound to a chair, and two people were standing in front of me. The one that hit me stepped back and began to pace, his hand to his chin as he muttered obscenities.

When my vision finally came into focus, I realized just who he was, and just how much trouble I was in.

Infamous green hair, red lips, and a lanky body covered by a striped purple suit. 

"Fuck." I muttered, closing my eyes.

It's the fucking Joker.

In the few months I have been friends with Harley she's hardly mentioned him and I never asked. Everyone knew of their fabled love. Of the abuse he put her through.

The citizens had claimed he was the Clown Prince of Gotham, and Harley his queen.

But that was wrong.

He was the king of Gotham's underworld, and Harley was nothing more than his mistress.

But she escaped him, and as long as Pamela was by her side she would never go back. 

"Look who's finally awake!" Joker was chuckling as he walked back to me and pulled out a gun.

It looked like one of those old cowboy pistols and it glinted under the fluorescent lights of the large warehouse. It seemed abandoned, no stock mounting the many shelves.

"Now tell me, where is Harley?" He cocked his head, placing the gun to my forehead.

I glared at him, attempting to work against the constraints of the ropes around my wrists.

Pulling the gun back, Joker tapped his chin before snapping his fingers.

"Now I do believe she's waiting for the Big Bad Bat to save her! Why don't we show her how impossible that is!" 

Joker gave a belting laugh as he stepped aside.

I watched as Alice sent me a smirk before sashaying over to a door. She was wearing some sort of costume, almost resembling the ones I've seen Harley wear in the news.

Throwing the door open, she reached in and wheeled Batman out. He was bound to some sort of metal contraption, wrists and ankles cuffed so that he was forming an X shape. His neck and waist were also bound, making escape nearly impossible.

With Batman so inescapably trapped you’d have to wonder why the hell he was still alive.

He’s an amazing hero, few can truly stand against him. But even heroes get caught off guard.

So why does any hero still breathe when their arch nemesis has their hands wrapped around their throat?

The only reason Batman is still alive right now is because the Joker has a notorious love for him.