Chapter 1 - Babies

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy!
—————————————————————

The air was thick with the fumes of bubbling cauldrons as Hogwarts' first years finished their final potions class of the week late one Friday afternoon.

Slytherin and Gryffindor house shared the instructional period.

As a result of a very unfortunate pairing activity, Draco Malfoy and Harriet Snape reluctantly found themselves working together that day, brewing their sleeping draught as a team.

"Going home again this weekend, Snape?" Draco asked with a sneer as he added the lavender to the heated cauldron.

"Why should I not?" Harriet answered as she stirred the mixture in the pewter pot and glared over at her partner, "I like spending time with my family."

Draco snarled at Harriet as he narrowed his pale face and replied haughtily, "All your mother does is lie about and have babies. What makes you think she wants you to go home every weekend and get in her way?"

Harriet threw Draco an offended glare.

"I'm never in her way! Why don't you have any siblings, Draco? Were your mum and dad that disappointed with your birth?" She shot back.

"No." Draco replied with an arrogant sneer, "My mother and father knew they'd never have another child as perfect as me, so there was no need for them to try. You better hope you don't end up being an omega, Snape. You'll do nothing but lounge about and have babies too. I hear that your entire family can have its own quidditch team, isn't that ridiculous?"

Harriet opened her mouth to retort, but a low, velvet voice interrupted them both.

The words were enunciated with a deliberate delay, which made the question even more authoritative.

"Perhaps......one of you can explain to me how this conversation pertains to your assignment?" Professor Snape asked.

"We're nearly done, sir." Harriet said as she looked up at her Potions Professor and nodded.

"Sorry, Professor, I was being distracted." Draco accusingly said with a smug grin on his lips.

"You have ten minutes left. I expect a full bottle of sleeping draught on my desk before the period ends." Severus replied as he scowled at them both.

After Draco and Harriet nodded, Severus walked on to inspect the happenings at the next table, but he kept throwing cautious glances back at the unlikely pair.

Severus Snape was not comfortable with the idea of any boy talking to his daughter about having babies, not even Lucius's son.

"If I end up being an omega, maybe I will do nothing but lie about and have babies, Malfoy!" Harriet snapped as she hastily bottled a small amount of the brew eight minutes later.

Draco frowned at her as she leaned in close to his face and hissed, "Maybe I'll even enjoy it!"

By then, Severus was sitting at his desk, watching as each pair of students sat the samples of their finished draughts down on his desk before they took their leave of the room.

He noticed the frown on Harriet's face and the scowl on Draco's before the Malfoy heir turned and walked away, filing into the hallway with all of the others who were happy to be finished with class.

Once the room was empty, Severus packed all of the vials into a small trunk for his later inspection and he turned to Harriet who had stayed beside him, her frown still on her face.