Chapter 18 - Growing Pains

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Severus and Lily's lips met as their wet hands moved over each other's flesh while the warmth from their shower fogged the glass.

Lily sighed into Severus's kiss as he gently pushed her against the hot tile.

When he pulled away at last, the water splashed over his shoulder and onto Lily's chest as they stared into each other's eyes, husband and wife, alpha and omega.

The week prior to the school year resuming had been an interesting one in the Snape household.

Lily had succeeded in her mission of driving Severus mad and had forced him into a full rut with her scent, her smile, and her curves.

Eileen and Harriet looked after Albus and the babies while the amorous couple spent the majority of their time locked in their bedchamber during those few days.

Severus felt relieved that it had happened during a time when he didn't have to teach.

He may very well have been sacked if he hadn't been so fortunate.

It was impossible for him to stay away from Lily.

Even if they weren't making love, which they were more often than naught, Severus was powerless to ignore the gnawing, mind-numbing urge to be near his mate as much as possible.

Wherever Lily sat, he sat next to her.

If Lily lay down, he lay down with her.

If Lily visited the lavatory, he waited outside the door.

As they kissed in the shower that particular evening, Lily giggled as Severus pulled her back into his arms for a tight squeeze.

Slowly, he slipped into his mate as he pressed passionate kisses to her throat and breasts.

Lily wrapped her legs around her husband's waist and pushed her shoulders back against the wall to help him reach a better angle while he rolled his hips.

She stared right at Severus with her mouth open to let her cries escape as he claimed her once more.

Lily's only regret about the timing of her husband's impromptu predicament was that she was not in heat.

The Snapes already had triplets.

If Severus had been rutting and Lily had been in heat, then it would have been impossible to tell how many children Lily would have borne her husband a few months later.

—————————————————————-

On the last Saturday before the school year resumed, Severus had sated himself enough on Lily to reunite with the rest of the household.

Eileen came by that morning in case she was still needed and ate breakfast with the family.

Lily fed Oliver and the twins while Severus looked at his daughter with a deep scowl.

His bout with his heightened alpha instincts hadn't completely finished quite yet.

On top of the urge to mate with Lily and see to her comfort, Severus's rut had also amplified his primal need to protect his children.

He decided that morning as he stared at his daughter that Harriet would be the main recipient of his.......protection.

"Your third year at Hogwarts starts in two days." Severus remarked to his little girl.