Chapter 25 - To the Rescue

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

"You seem sad, Sev." Lily mentioned one morning while she and Severus enjoyed a quiet moment together during their early breakfast.

Draven, Brendan, and Oliver had yet to wake.

As the sun rose outside, Mr. and Mrs. Snape sat holding hands as they enjoyed their simple meal of bacon and pancakes.

"The seventh year students completed their first potions essay on Monday." Severus explained to Lily, "Nine more similar assignments will come before the end of the academic term."

Lily blinked at her alpha while she listened.

Severus raised his dark eyes to meet her emerald gaze as he sighed and lamented, "I'll only receive nine more potions essays from my daughter before she leaves my classroom forever."

"Oh, Sev....." Lily said with a frown as she stroked the back of her alpha's hand with her soft fingertips.

"You'll have Albus in class for many more years after Harriet, sweetheart." She cooed as she released Severus's hand and gently moved a strand of his black hair out of his face, "....And then the boys will follow him."

Severus kept his frown as he stared at Lily with a heavy sadness in his dark eyes.

She giggled quietly as she leaned over and pressed a sweet, loving kiss to his lips.

Lily had planned to pull away and make their exchange brief, but Severus surprised her by placing one hand on her face and deepening their affection.

A needy whimper escaped her throat as Severus ran his tongue along her lips in a silent request for entrance.

Lily obeyed without a second thought as she parted for her alpha and let him enjoy the pleasures of exploring her mouth.

Breakfast became forgotten as the tension between them crescendoed.

In the throes of their passionate kiss, Lily sensed a yearning in her mate that extended beyond the desires of simple lovemaking.

She wrestled out of Severus's grasp by nipping his lower lip gently with her teeth, an action that sent an unwelcome throb of arousal shooting through his groin as he scowled at her after she pulled away.

"Sev.......?" Lily asked in a breathless gasp while she combed a hand through her tousled, scarlet tresses.

".........Yes?" He answered in a restrained whisper.

Lily knew well enough that her husband possessed a voice as rich as chocolate and smooth as velvet, but the husky undertone of hungry alpha dominance that rumbled from his chest as he stared at her with his black eyes smouldering made Lily want to leap from her seat and indulge her primitive urges.

As she listened to the startling silence in the house while their sons continued to sleep, a wicked smirk crossed her fair face.

Severus noticed his wife's confident look of assurance as she rose from her chair.

He swallowed thickly while he watched her walk over and seat herself on his lap.

The grin she wore, coupled with the frothy layers of sheer lace and delicate silk that floated around her curves made Severus want to groan as his darling indulged herself and found a new seat in his lap.

Severus and Lily took a moment to stare into each other's eyes as his arousal rubbed enticingly against her inner thigh while she rocked her hips temptingly.