Chapter 29 - Couples

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

The newlyweds spent the rest of Hogwarts' winter recess honeymooning at Malfoy Manor.

Draco would have preferred an alternate setting but Harriet had wanted to be near her nest.

Severus and Lily had wanted to stay close to their daughter.

The location didn't matter all that much, Draco and Harriet were happy about merely being together and no longer having to spend their nights in lonely separation.

As much as Harriet's energy levels allowed, the couple would make love whenever their kisses became overheated or their simple touches a bit too yearning.

Draco delighted in his new wife, although the sheer act of their coupling wasn't what brought him the most pleasure.

Every night, as Harriet lay cuddled on Draco's chest, he turned his head and nuzzled softly into her hair.

While Harriet snoozed, Draco would take a deep breath, inhale his mate's scent, and drift off to sleep.

—————————————————————

Harriet's school uniform soon became too small for her changing form.

Lily used her wand, a needle, and some thread to adjust her daughter's shirts and skirts until Harriet could comfortably follow Hogwarts' dress code.

Unless the day was particularly warm, Harriet tried to keep her school robes on at all times to cover up her rounded belly.

As the second semester of their seventh year progressed along with his mate's pregnancy, it made Draco frown to see Harriet trying to hide the evidence of their little one.

To her chagrin, he often came up to her and placed his hands lovingly on her swollen abdomen.

Harriet would have slapped his eager palms away, but the soft smile of reverent awe that she saw on her alpha's face filled her with joy and patience.

It was a known but unspoken fact that Draco and Harriet had begun sharing a bed at Hogwarts.

If the teachers had heard the news, they had said nothing to the couple.

After Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy had returned to school as husband and wife, the Room of Requirement had appeared to them every day, complete with a cozy bed, refreshments, and all of the things that Harriet would need in order to build a comfortable, alternate nest.

Draco cracked his eyes open early one morning and blinked at the first rays of sunlight that streamed in through the windows.

He sighed to himself as he attempted to internalize the comforting warmth generated by having Harriet next to him.

"...........Draco?" She asked groggily.

He could hear the exhaustion in her voice as he glanced down at her.

"Go back to sleep, love." Draco whispered while he sweetly kissed Harriet's forehead, "We don't have to be up for another half hour."

Harriet sighed to herself and closed her eyes.

Draco felt his bride relax against him a second later as she returned to her restful sleep.

He held Harriet close while a soft smile crossed his lips.

Draco didn't care what anyone said or thought about him, his choices, or his life.

Finally, he had learned what true happiness felt like after years of languishing in tormentful pining.