Chapter 21 - Whispers of Love

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

The next morning, Severus woke before dawn as he blinked his dark eyes open.

His black gaze scanned over Lily while she lay peacefully asleep.

Severus could still see the hint of a blush that covered her cheeks from the intensity of their previous night.

He gently combed a single strand of her crimson hair to the side as he frowned at her in rapt admiration.

The hours he had spent making love to his omega had not been enough for Severus.

His love for Lily, his refusal to accept that Harriet had started to grow up, and his anger that Draco had chosen to linger at her bedside like an oily rat hoping for a scrap of food, it all forced Severus's body to tingle with nervous tension.

His hurricane of feelings had been expressed through dominating his mate the previous night, but as he propped himself up in bed and looked at Lily, he hungered for any level of affection from his wife he could possibly get to ease his raging instincts that morning.

Anything would have been welcome, a kiss, an embrace, a gentle touch.......

Fear began to mount in Severus's mind as he wondered how long his bride would sleep.

As his dark gaze flickered over Lily again, he paused to worry about how she would feel when she woke.

He mentally took stock of the potions he had readily available in the house.

Severus decided that he could give her a dose of Calming Tonic or Pain Potion if she woke miserably sore.

A part of him felt ashamed.

Severus had been too rough with his flower in his haste the previous night.

A part of him felt satisfied.

When Severus had tried to be gentle with his wife, she had begged him for more.

What would any alpha have done if their omega screamed out for them to pull their hair and please them?

Severus had never been able to deny his beloved flower any request~.

As he delved further into his own ponderings, his musings ended unexpectedly as Lily sighed softly and began to wriggle in the sheets.

Severus drew an anticipatory breath of repressed excitement as he listened to the gentle sigh that escaped her lips in the seconds before her emerald eyes opened.

She blinked for a moment before her stare focused on her husband.

As Severus watched a happy smile curl Lily's lips after she recognized him, he felt that if he died in that moment, he would go to his grave with the satisfaction that his life had been complete.

"Good morning, Sev." Lily greeted her husband as she placed a hand over her mouth and yawned.

"Good morning, my love." Severus replied as he leaned in for a kiss as soon as Lily pulled her hand away.

"You're up early, aren't you?" Lily asked as she yawned again, "I thought you'd be exhausted after last night."

Severus ignored her question and asked in urgent concern, "Do you have any aches, Lily?...Pains?....Soreness? I can offer you a remedy, you know.......Don't hide your suffering from me, my love. I know my affections last night were less than considerate."

"Suffering?" Lily asked with an amused grin as she looked at her mate, "I should hardly think that I'm suffering after last night, Sev. You were lovely."