Chapter 9 - Dangerous Communications

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every week!
—————————————————————

Severus held Lily close on the bathroom floor while she wept bitterly in his arms as she sat next to the toilet.

He ran his elegant fingers through her crimson hair softly as he kissed the top of her head in a gesture of affectionate support and encouragement.

"Lily.....please, my love....don't weep......." Severus whispered to his mate while he gave her a gentle nuzzle.

Lily sniffed as she dared to raise her head and look up at Severus for a moment.

He frowned sympathetically at his wife as she lifted a hand and wiped a stray tear off of her cheek.

"I know it's for the best, Sev." Lily whispered while her emerald eyes continued to water with tears, "It is...really, I couldn't manage another one right now and money is.....is something to consider. Sorry, I....I guess it's just instinct."

"You don't have anything to be sorry about, my love." Severus purred softly as he laid a soothing hand on Lily's back.

"I love you...." Lily whispered as she curled into Severus as if she depended on him to protect her from some kind of horrible impact.

Severus's frown remained but Lily's words made his heart soar.

She had woken an hour earlier that morning and vomited, which had aroused both of their suspicions.

Although she had escaped her heat without a pregnancy, the furor of their intimacy had been so great lately that Lily had claimed to have a feeling that another child was on the horizon.

Severus had been quick to help his darling omega complete a magical pregnancy test with a few flicks of his wand.

When the results had come back negative and they realized that their meal from the previous evening was to blame for Mrs. Snape's illness, Severus and Lily had different reactions to the news.

Lily had not taken it well at all and since Severus had made the announcement, she had cried and wailed in his arms.

"Lily......" Severus purred in a voice barely above a whisper.

Lily looked up at him again as he added, "We can try again, you know, if you really want another pup....."

Lily laughed through her tears as she laid her head on Severus, touched by his patience and generosity.

Not every omega had an alpha that was so eager to please, to bend to their omega's whims and satisfy their desires outside of bed.

Lily squeezed Severus gently while she sighed and answered, "You're so sweet, Sev...... I'm happy with our family now, it's not that.....I just....I......I had a feeling and I don't relish being wrong, I suppose!" She finished with a chuckle.

"I am not 'sweet'." Severus frowned in protest.

"You are to me~." Lily smirked as she turned and looked up at him.

She giggled when he frowned.

Severus pretended that her laughter irritated him, but secretly, he mentally recorded the sound of Lily's amusement to comfort himself whenever he felt worry weighing on him.

"..........Witches can bear children for many years." Severus remarked as he scooped his beloved flower into his lap and cradled her as tenderly as if she were one of their babies.

"What are you getting at, Sev?" Lily asked as she idly fondled the collar of his nightshirt.

"We're still quite young, my love. We have plenty of time." Severus reminded her in a purr.