Replacement

Sierra POV:

After what happened on Saturday, I called Mia and told her I'd be staying with my sister for about a week. I waited till she was actually at work and got a few of my necessary things and went to Sade's. The moment I got in, I broke down and cried into my sister's arms. I took Monday and Tuesday off of work, and it was now Wednesday.

"Wakey wakey sleepy head. You have a company to run" Sade yelled from the door in a sing song tone, as she turned on the lights in the guest bedroom.
"No" I groaned, turning over to the other side and pulling the covers. Walking up to the bed, she pulled on the cover, completely removing it from me. Turning to face her, I look her in the eyes and pout.
"I don't wanna" I mumble out.
"You're a fucking child. Get up big sister" she said, tugging on my arm.
"I made chocolate chip pancakes. I used her recipe" she finished, whispering at the last part. As my eyes widened, I jumped up from the bed and ran down, Sade chuckling at me from behind.

~

"Does anyone know who Lea's replacement is? A name or anything?" I ask, walking into the break room. They all stared at me like they were a deer in headlights. My employees were all terrified of me. I'm a very approachable person, yet when I'm at work, I change completely, hence the terrified part. I'm still approachable, I just didn't look like it in here. Still not a word from them, I throw my hands up in defeat and walk back to my office. As I get back, I dial Lea through my work phone.

"Hello bossy lady sir" she answered

"Haha very funny. Your replacement is nowhere to be found" I replied

"That idiot. I asked her if she wanted me to drive her you know" she scoffed, and I couldn't hear her roll her eyes.

"How are supposed to drive with a broken foot?" I laughed, crossing my arms.

"Ugh she asked me the same thing. You two would be perfect for each other"

"Can I just have a name. Please?" I inquired.

"Kristen. Kristen Smith"

Kristen......the Kristen? No, it can't be. It's just a coincidence right? Kristen's a very popular name, it could be anyone.

"Boss you there? Hello? Sierra?" she said, interrupting my thoughts.

"Hi Lea, yea I'm here, I'm just....I remembered something, that's all. Uhm....yea- bye Lea" I finished.

"Later boss" she said, hanging up the phone.

Sighing and taking the tie out of my hair, I ran my fingers through and sat back in my chair.

~

About fifteen minutes later, a soft, yet noticeable knock was heard on the door. With an exaggerated sigh, I said a bit of an annoyed 'Come in'. There she was. She wore a green dress, with white and red hibiscus' scattered all over it. It went down to just below her knee, and it was an off top. Her bare shoulders were out, and her face was highlighted by soft makeup and a gentle shade of red coated her lips.

"Hi I'm Lea's replace.....ment" she began with a smile, which lightly faded as our eyes met. Her hearty smile was exchanged for a look of fear and her body tensed with nerves.

"Kristen. Hi, it's- it's nice to see you.......again" I mumbled out, standing from my seat. She still stood, immobilized in her spot. Her eyes remaining in line with mine. As I walked over to her, placing my hands on either side of her.

"Breathe Kristen. Breathe" I say, just above a whisper. And with that, she let out a long and shaky sigh. A small smile crept on her face, as she looked up to me. Although we were both in heels, I was towering over her, due to the different sizes we wore. Without them, we were fairly the same height, and eye contact was simple. We stood there for a few minutes before the sound of my phone ringing brought us out of our daze. Taking a step back from her, I pulled my phone out my pocket and was fairly surprised to see Mia's name pop up. Across the 4 days I was at Sade's, I hadn't seen, nor heard a word from her. For all I know, she was fucking some slut on the side. Rolling my eyes, I placed my phone on the table and made my way back over to Kristen.

"Well I'm kind of your assistant now, so what can I do to help?" she said, in a sing-song tone, making me smile.

"Seeing as we haven't met whilst we were both completely sober, I think we'd work better if we knew each other a bit so, what do you say we go out for lunch later?" I ask, walking back to my desk to get her papers.
"That sounds great" she replied, her voice still shaking from nerves.
"Amazing. In the meanwhile" I began, handing her the medium sized stack of papers. "You can take care of what Lea missed throughout last week"

"Oh God" she said, sizing up the pile.
"Don't worry it's not as much as it looks like" I said, placing my hand on her shoulder, giving her a smile. Stepping back, I was about to let her leave, when a thought crossed my mind.

"Oh, wait" I stopped "How are you and Lea connected?"

Letting out a small sigh of sheer relief, she chuckled and said,

"She's been my best friend since birth. Quite literally. 

Nodding at her response, I finally let her leave, and reclaimed my seat.