Think Some More

Sierra POV:

When I got home from work I didn't waste time and got straight to my bag.

It was a relief of stress just as much as it was a way for me to get out my anger. It helped me clear my head and gave me a moment of refresh. 

With every strike, I thought of something different. 

How she treated me today.

How she looked at me.

The phone call from Saturday.

Mia coming back.

Everything, all at once. With every strike, I felt my motivation go beyond points. Feeling my arms begin to ache and my fingers start to tingle, I ignore it. I kept in going, despite my body's protests, making each hit, reflect an ounce of pain every time.

Still going at my pace, I speed up, and with a few more strikes; a striking pain falls upon my right hand. With a small crack and a loud groan of anguish, I take the sign and give in, stepping away from the bag. The trickling feeling sprout throughout my entire arm, making it feel drowsy and numb, yet painful and defeating.

Silently cursing myself, I head to my medicine cabinet and carefully take out the first aid kit. Finding some muscle ointment and a triangular bandage, I wrap my hand and seal it.

Sighing at I looked at myself in the mirror, I felt numb.....empty even. I looked ragged, like I just fell of my bike in the middle of nowhere. My reflection looked familiar, as I felt drawn back to a moment of my childhood.

12 years ago

"Sierra you know better than to be fighting" my grandma sighed, as she finished the bandage on my arm, and began to tend to the cuts and bruises on my face.

We sat in silence for a while, me wincing at the contact every now and then.

When she was finished, I got up to leave, but was stopped.

"Look at yourself in the mirror, sweetheart " she insisted, placing a soft hand to my shoulder.

"Your eyes......they hold a fire. The fire of determination and faith. You have the power to go great places, but you'll never get there if you can't control that fire. When fire gets out of control, there's nothing we can do to stop it, unless we put it out. And if we put out your fire, you'll become nothing more than a slacker. I don't want you to be a slacker my love" she said, stroking my hair.

"Look at me Sierra" she requested, giving me a rub on the back. "I love you. You are my granddaughter, my heir, and the most important thing to me in the world. You have a dangerous drive. I'm not always going to be here to reign you in. You need to learn to control it. Make that fire your bitch" she finished, making me laugh at the last part.

"Promise me you'll learn?" she inquired, now standing behind me.

"Promise" I confirmed, a smile on my face and my heart determined.

Brought back into present time, I find myself in tears at the thought of my grandma. I rarely got a chance to see her, and I haven't spoken to her in just about a week.

I missed her.

I missed her and grandad. I missed my siblings, my parents even. I missed my family. I wish we could all be as one like we were. I fell like a disruptive force, and ran a pair of scissors through our perfect image. 

I could've had the family I loved and yearned for still, if I wasn't this way. I could've had a mother who used to make me cookies when I was down, or took me shopping for new clothes.

I could've had a father who'd sit with me to watch the cricket game and who'd send me off at my wedding. I could've had two big brothers who would protect me, and give my significant other's a stare of intimidation when they met. And a big sister who I'd go to, to talk about the newest album, or to go to with all my troubles.

At the thought of my fallen childhood, more tears flowed down my cheeks. Sure I was a mess of a person, but I was better because of it. Slowly wiping my tears, I let out another sigh as I leave the bathroom.

Laying myself out across the bed, I find a comfort in the softness and warmth that engulfed me. Just as I was about to shut my eyes, the blaring sound of my ringtone rang throughout my head. Letting out a loud groan, I roll off the bed and pick up.

"Hi Sierra"

Oh great, it was Lily. Probably the last person I wanted to hear from.

"Hello to you too, Lily"

"Well someone's grumpy"

"Just- did you get it?"

"Yea, his name is Michael Nelson. It doesn't seem like he's got any bad records however. Says here he has a kid but, no one knows who the kid is, or who the mom is" she says, making me cringe a bit.

"Okay, thanks"

"What? No thank you sex?" she laughed

"Goodbye Lily" I sighed, wasting no time in clicking the red button I loved so much.

If I'm not stupid, I got a phone call from my girlfriend's baby daddy, threatening to hurt me. I wonder if he realizes that I can destroy him at any minute.....
I'm not gonna let this piece of shit toy with me, but if he wants a fight, he's got one up his alley.

I am not the woman to be played with.

A/N: Lily and Sierra used to fuck if you didn't pick that up.