| 2 7 | money

"We have been recently keeping track of financial accounts of the Phoenix industry which was--"

"Very tiring." prompted Karan, Vidhyut narrowed his eyes toward him Karan rolled his eyes and acted like zipping his mouth shut.

"Suspicious, Riya found out that something fishy there," he said keeping a few papers in front of Avni. She picked it up reading it.

"Wait there is this whole account where money is going." Avni circled with her finger the account where a transfer of lakh of money was being done, "That is a charity account, the money there is used to invest in scholarships for underprivileged kids," Juhi explained leaning over her while looking at the account she was indicating.

Avni narrowed her eyes looking at the account, but she nodded.

"There is money lakhs of money being put into either repair of machinery, the industry, etc. Phoenix industry is subdivided into many industries— Hotels, raw material extraction, real estate, hospitals, and shops each of these are handled by one of our families, it's crazy how every year there is lakh of money used in repairing assets— when with those whole money new assets could be brought."

"And this is not the only expense which don't make sense there more, like the off-season purchases made some of these places," Aman added.

"Embezzlement?" Avni unsurely asked and looked at Neil who nodded.

"I have gathered some of the transaction details, of all of your father's and my mother, there was some amount of money transferred to an account in the name of different people. This is not actually an evidence because the detail is of only one month, it can't prove anything." Vidhyut explained.

"What do you all want to prove? Do you know if this is proven you all will go under, everything you have, your parents will have to serve in jail." Avni exclaimed, "Don't be stupid."

"So you want us to keep quiet about this? Someday we will lead this division of Phoenix, we will be expected to do this too." Neil retorted, Avni went silent.

"This is what I found in my father's office." He unlocked his phone, and passed it to her while Vidhyut who seemed to have a copy of it himself connected it to the T.V and showed it on screen for everyone else.

"Phoenix society?" Aman muttered, Avni frowned. "Avni? as much as am I aware Avni is not the heiress of Mehta part of the Phoenix industry it is me?"

"Thankfully." She muttered.

"There's huge difference in industry and society Aman," Riya added, her eyes never leaving the screen.

"This is a agreement about Phoenix Society, which was formed by our grandparents, this is something remoter than the Phoenix Industry which the whole country knows about." Neil explained. "Avni I want you to be honest and tell us what paper were you looking for and why?"

Avni nervously looked at his phone, "I overheard Mr Mehta and your dad talking in Mr Mehta's study, they were talking about a society and a story they had made everyone believe, they were talking about someone, after reading this paper, I guess about me to lead this society, they were adamant about me leading it."

"A story they had made everyone believe?" Juhi questioned.

"The Industry fire!" exclaimed Karan, he instantly got up from his couch amd returned with a laptop after typing for few seconds, he turned the screen towards them, "Here, look at the accounts of that year, that whole industry had insured asset worth more than the industry produced in years."

"I found it suspicious since the moment dad asked the staff to delete that year's accounting data when I started going through older accounts but I somehow managed to get a copy."