| 2 9 | ali

[long chapter ahead]

Avni was surprised when Ali informed her, he was done with his work in three days. When she let others know the same they were surprised too. He had done it fast, or maybe they all were not ready to face what they will get to know. Both speculation made sense.

Whatever they will get to know from Ali will change their life, Avni knows she will not be effected as much all of them will be but still there was a lingering fear.

She would also not deny the excitement she had for meeting Ali, its been months since she had seen him and had been close to him.

So when she stood in front Ali as he hugged her in front of the hideout where Neil had decided they all should gather it was pretty excusable as she shed some tears, clinging to him like a kid because that was what she was when she was with Ali, a kid who Ali has seen at her worst.

Ali laughed softly when he felt her crying and shushed her, Avni felt months of tension, loneliness she left between people she barely knew and her brave bravado melt away.

"Avni shush, no crying, I'm here, I love you." he muttered, Avni wipped her tears and broke away from him.

"I love you." she replied, looking up to him, he so so same but yet so different, his hairs were longer and seemed more curly.

He looked tanner which she concluded was because of traveling he needed to reach his college which was quite far from cafe, he was more muscled now, she remembered him starting gym few weeks before she left.

"How is Nano?" Avni croaked out, her voice very rough because of tears.

"She is okay, just misses you a lot. We both do."

"Are you both done with sweet reunion? Come inside!" Riya hissed, standing in the doorway, she was dressed up, unlike last time, it was not  the dress up like she did for school, she was still in casual but she was making a statement, she was trying to intimidate Ali.

Avni was taught same skill from Mr Mehta's secretary when she had come to tell her about her inheritance. Your clothes should speak before you in business, she had told her.

Ali looked at her "Are all of them like her?"

"You get used to it."

They walked towards the hideout, "Kinda rad place for staying." Ali complimented the place as he stepped in. "Maybe we should get a place like this in future." he suggested Avni barely heard him her eyes searched for Neil.

He was standing with all of others, they all seemed to have their gaurds up, Avni smiled slightly looking at him, he nodded softly.

"Nevermind."

"Huh what?" Avni asked Ali, he rolled his eyes.

She shook her head, "So go introduce yourself." she gestures. None of them spoke Avni sighed.

"Guys this is Ali," she gestures to Ali "and Ali this is Riya, Juhi, Aman, my step-brother, Karan, Vidhyut and Neil." she points at everyone while introducing.

"Glad to know can we get on the work now," Karan mutters, Avni refrains herself from punching him.

"They all seem such a pleasent people to be around Avni." Ali comments, he grabs hair tie from her wrist which she always wear and ties his hair up.

"Shut up Ali."

They all silently take place, Avni settles herself on sofa comfortably, Ali sits besides her on her other side Karan takes place. She glances towards him, he shrugs and points at all the taken place. Juhi was almost siting on Vidhyut's lap, Neil was siting on single sofa on its arm Riya was siting.