| 0 3 | university

[ exclusive chapter ]

Avni walked her way to the university, her eyes scanning the surrounding. There were numerous trees lined up on both sides of the road, it literally gave screamed rich, the roads were clean, and expensive cars were speeding inside the University gate. After what she calculated a walk of fifteen minutes she was finally able to see the huge gates which were carved with a lot of attention.

She knew if it wasn't for having a rich dad, she would have never been able to go to a university like this one. She was what one called an average student, sometimes interested in school, sometimes not, sometimes answering all the questions, sometimes none. Type of student who was just there but for Avni even after being just there she was well known.

She sometimes wondered how but it didn't matter, everyone just knew her and now she didn't understand in this new place what she wanted to do, stay lowkey or do things which Ashish Mehta would be disappointed in. Making Ashish Mehta disappointed was very easy she could just not bother studying and after seeing her marks he would throw tantrum but that would affect her too, soon she will have to leave this place for that she would require the best of marks.

She unlocked her phone and opened the temporary id card pdf Mrs Mehta had sent to her to show on the gate as she reached it, there were two guards, a middle-aged man and a woman probably in her early thirties, both dressed in black uniform, she didn't need to walk towards them because as she reached near the gate they immediately approached her.

"Please show your id," the lady sternly said, eyeing her discreetly and glancing behind Avni's back.

Avni showed her phone to her, the lady checked it and shouted her admission number loudly, Avni had failed to notice a boot inside the gate where a man sat in front of a computer, she observed as he typed out her admission number and then after few click he waved his hand in a classic let her go way.

The lady frowned slightly returned her phone and then wished her well for the day, Avni unsure of her herself walked inside she paused and let herself listen to the muttering the two guards were having.

"I guess it's another scholarship student."

"Yeah, I hope she gets around here well and does not come across any of the snub kids."

"Highly impossible but she will have to manage Dada anyways how is your son's job going on?"

Avni frowned she had basic ideas kids were snubs but was it this bad that even guards worried about it. This place has surely become worse she thought to herself.

Avni looked around the area the whole place had expensive cars parked, there were only few cars that were not that expensive if she looked from being rich angle, sighing she removed a small coffee thermos and a steel straw she had found in Mehta house's kitchen she opened the straw hole and inserted straw in it, and sipped on the coffee while looking around the campus.

There were people leaning on their cars with their friends around, few of them sitting on staircases, everyone wore the school uniform but with their own twist, few girls wore stockings and heels, few had accessories or jackets. Boys wore jackets on their shirts ditching the blazers, polished leather shoes and quite cool bags, few of them had many piercings, or hair dyed.

She was impressed by how the University even with the uniform was letting them express themselves this was very creative way of teaching them how to express themselves through materialistic things . Even the kids Avni realized were not privileged with richness had added their twist, boys wore jeans instead of pants giving themselves while few girls had ditched the skirt taken up skorts or short.

Avni regardless of herself smiled a little, being so involved with her thoughts she didn't realise someone was coming toward her as she collided with someone, she cursed lightly as the person's hand clashed with her and her coffee spilt slightly on their shirt, she looked up to see a guy with light stumbles on his face.

He had long eyelashes was the first thing she noticed in him and then his uniform which was tucked well in his pants, he was wearing the whole uniform just like her she wondered if he was new to she looked back at his face which was turning in a scowl as he looked at her.

"How hard is it to see and walk?" He hissed, Avni realized he was not a new student with his tone and the way he carried himself.

She opened her mouth to retort or apologise but then she looked at his hands she saw he had his phone unlocked and was in the middle of typing a message, she scowled.

"It's you who should "see and walk" walking while using your phone really?" She said and pulled his hands which was holding the phone in front of him by holding his jacket sleeves.

His face turned red, he jerked her hand away and locked his phone without removing his brown eyes from her.

"Aren't you quite bold? imagine how your first day would be if I just poured your whole coffee on this uniform," he lifted her hands just like she had done for him "Which must have cost you more money than you have ever spent." He said quietly, Avni pushed his hands away from her harshly, he didn't care he kept looking at her with his threatening eyes.

"Imagine looking like a pitiful dog you are whole day and have nobody to help you." He said stepping closer, Avni pushed him away, she shivered fear settling in the bottom pit of her stomach, they were in the ending of the campus there was nobody but them here.

"You fucking bastard--" Avni hissed but before she could say he took her coffee and poured it just between her foot, the slight splashes going on her white shoes, she cursed loudly and reached for the thermos but he threw it away near a car she turned to search for it and as she turned away to look at it he had left.

The assholes retreating back was all she could see.

•••