| 2 8 | tense

Next day going to University was tiring, Avni had arrived late after the meet up, she had headed towards her room immediately after returning Mrs Mehta didn't ask her question other than questioning if one of the boys dropped her home.

Avni had lied and said yes, Mrs Mehta seemed content knowing she was hanging out with Aman's friends, she had also sent a quick thank you to the encrypted chat knowing Aman had covered for her, even if he had told truth that she was with them, he actually had saved her from coming up with a excuse and shit.

With all the stuff happening Avni was totally out of loop about what was happening in class and also very sleepy, she had just completed her first semester test and had scored decent (B) in almost every subject ( she absolutely loathed DD and Aman who had scored A and A+ respectively in every subject).

Even now Aman and DD seemed to be totally in loop with what the fuck was going on in class while Avni just continued yawning and doodling on DD's textbook.

"What were you doing with Aman yesterday in Mehta Mansion's garden?" Avni questioned resting her head on table, remembering what she saw yesterday in garden.

DD froze for a second, "How did you see that?" he questioned.

"From my window."

"That fucker," he mumbled, "It was something related to the project we did, I left my few stuff with him so I was taking it from him."

Avni frowned, in garden? she wanted to ask.

"Is he troubling you? Do you want me to do something about it?"

He face filled with panic "No. . .No he is not doing anything, it. . .it is nothing." he instantly clarified.

Avni nodded "Oh, okay?"

Avni was not convinced with his answer, something was not right. She wanted to ask about it but she didn't want to cross the line. She quietly pulled her phone out to check notification there was one in the encrypted chat, it was information regarding all the victim family.

She looked at DD she didn't want him to be involved now, before the things were easier it was just about her mother but now Phoenix industry at whole was involved. It could end up with him risking his scholarship she didn't want that. He had already lost enough.

She renamed the pdf before saving it, altered first few pages with random documents she found in her folder and sent it to Ali. She just typed short message to read the pdf till end.

She had added instructions inside the pdf, Ali was safest option right now, he was already planning to visit her, so he could use it as excuse to come here and talk to victim's family in pretence of exploring.

She just hoped they all kept their promise and protect him if ever need came.

. . . . .

Avni was humming along the music playing in kitchen and sieving dry ingredients for baking cake when she noticed someone had entered the kitchen, she looked up from the process to see Neil standing near the kitchen slab.

He was dressed in a black shirt and pants, she remembered even Aman going out in formal she wondered if there was some kind of meeting they were supposed to go to, he had removed his shoes outside the kitchen since they were outdoor shoes.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" she questioned going back to her work.

"I was supposed to meet Aman here but he is not home." he explained, Avni nodded and muttered a quiet 'oh'. "What are you doing though?"

"Baking." Avni grinned, "Do you wanna stay and help?"

Neil looked troubled he checked his phone twice, biting his lip. "Yeah sure," he muttered.