Chapter 7

*Zawe pov*

Christmas morning is here! I'm excited because I've always loved Christmas and I can't wait to spend the day with mine and Tom's family.
Tom and I chose to do joined presents for both our families since I wouldn't know what to buy for his family e he wouldn't know for mine. But I did buy him something even though we said it wasn't necessary, but I'm sure he did the same.
So after getting out of bed I silently walk into Tom's room to wake him up.
"Wake up, it's Christmas!" I say as I sit on his bed making it jump a bit.
Tom turns and slowly opens his eyes
"Hi"
"Come on, wake up"
"I'm awake"
"No...not fully"
"It's...6.30 am"
"Yeah...and it's Christmas morning"
"Come here, let's stay in the warm a bit more...please?" He says sweetly
"Fine"
He moves the blankets in order to let me in and then covers me.
I look at his face smiling bright
"I love it when you smile" he says
"I'm happy because it's Christmas"
"I know, you love it"
"I do"
"Why don't we sleep a bit more, you might get tired later"
"Right..." I say snuggling a bit closer, but not to much and fall asleep again

Waking up an hour later I jolt from the bed and run for the bathroom, morning sickness hitting me hard.
I open the door and see Tom brushing his teeth and looking at me from the mirror.
I reach the toilet just in time before I vomit.
He is soon by my side, rubbing my back soothingly.
"Let it all out" he says
After some minutes, when I realize I'm done, I sit on the cold floor.
"Better?"
"I think so..." I say with a harsh voice
He stands and wets a towel putting it on my red face
Once I'm calmed he helps me up and I wash my face and teeth in my bathroom with Tom behind me watching my every move.

We make it downstairs where he starts on an easy breakfast: biscuits and tea.
"Here you go darling"
"Thank you" I'm strangely hungry after puking so I dig in.
"Your parents will be here at 11 right?"
"Yes" I say "your family at noon"
"Good. We have enough time to set everything and welcome them properly"
"We do, thank you for having them too"
"Of course"

We finish cooking lunch and set the table together, Tom is very accurate when it comes to set tables for a party or festivity.
"I think this is it" he says
"Perfect!"
"Now we only have to wait for-"

~ding dong~

"Never mind, eheheheh"
I follow him through the corridor and we reach the door.
"Mr and Mrs Ashton, Sam it's good to see you again, please come in" Tom politely says
"Thank you" my father says
"It's good to see you too, and please call us Victoria and Paul" mum says
As he greets my little brother I'm hugged by both mum and dad, telling me how proud they are for me moving on.

"Do you need any help in the kitchen Tom?"
"No, thank you Victoria. Everything is ready"
"Good, can't wait to start Christmas properly"
We sit in the living room chatting as we wait for Tom's family, and just a few minutes before noon there's another knock on the door.
Tom disappears in the hallway and returned short after with them.
"Victoria, Paul, Sam you remember my mum and my sister Emma? This is my other sister Sarah, her husband Yakov and little Kate" Tom says
They greet each other and after a very small talk Tom leads everyone into the dining room
"You have set the table amazingly" my mother says
"Thank you, I had some help" he says looking at me
"Stop it, you told me where everything was supposed to go"
"Still...please take a seat, I'll bring the first dish over"
We eat lunch as we exchange previous Christmas memories or different experiences.
Right before dessert I get up with my water glass in hand
"I would like to say a few things" I say getting everyone attention "I'm very grateful to be here today. It means so much to me. I would like to thank my family for always being there even though we are often apart, I'd like to thank Diana, Sarah, Emma and Yakov for-"
"What about me auntie Zawe?"
"Yes you too princess! Thank you for saying all those beautiful things to me that really helped me become aware that I did the right thing and I don't have to go back. And Tom..." I say taking his hand in mine "you made me understand that I'm not wrong, he is, I'm worth it, he is not. Thank you because, if it weren't for you I probably wouldn't be here today, god knows where could I be. You are one of a kind and I'm lucky enough to call you one of my dearest friends. You helped me first and you are still doing it every second of each day, and you don't even know how much you are helping. So thank you" I say, tears streaming down my cheeks.
Tom pulls me in a hug, a huge one.
"You are so loved, and I'm one of those people that love you so much. I'll always be here for you" he whispers in my ear
"I know" I say back