Chapter 61

~ time skip to 2020 ~

*Tom pov*

Time passed rather quickly for Zawe and I. Every day our love grows and our relationship strengthens.
The kids? Well...Charlie is going to turn three in four months and Oliver two in six months.
We've  been in Atlanta for the past month and a half, Loki filming started in January and since Zawe had no projects for the time we decided to go together to the USA, kids too obviously.
They are enjoying spending time in the backyard of our house in Antlanta since the weather is warmer than London, and from time to time accompanied by Zawe they come visit the set and run around the place, but today is not one of those days.

I'm still on set and its almost ten pm, we jus had a long meeting on what to do with this crazy virus spreading all over the world now. People in Europe are staring to wear masks and pretty soon we will too, I guess. The biggest concern is: are we going to be able to film?

"Last hour news is that the virus cases are going up in the US too, unfortunately. People are dying, around the world, lots of people. For now there is no official article that says we can't go on with filming, from tomorrow we all are going to wear masks to be safer and when you get in you'll have to do a rapid test. It's not going to be easy but we'll make it. Hope you have a good night, see you tomorrow" Kevin's Feige says. He came to Atlanta to have this meeting, he wanted to do it in person.
"Oh man!" Owen says patting me on the shoulder
"I don't know what to say" I tell him
"Me neither...just go to your family and get some rest, I'll see you tomorrow"
"Night!"

I take the car we have rented and drive to our also rented house.
As I get in I smell hot cocoa and see Zawe waiting for me on the sofa, with a cup in her hand and another on the coffee table.
"Hi love" she says
"Hi"
"Come here"
I go sit down near her and she engulfs me in a giant hug.
"Tired?" She asks kissing my hair line softly
"Quite a bit yes. Babies in bed?"
"Yes, sleeping"
"Good. So...lots of things from the meeting I need to tell you"
"Spill"
"From tomorrow we are taking precautions such as tests before getting in, wearing masks and all. We can film, for now, I'm not sure for how long though"
"I'm so sorry darling"
"I want you to be safe, I don't want to force you to stay inside, you know I'm not like that but I just want the kids and you to be safe. I'm out at least twelve hours a day almost every day taking the risk, but I don't want you to"
"I understand your concerns Tom, and I share what you think. Don't worry we'll go out only if really needed, the kids have the yard to play in so..."
"Thank you, I'm just really worried" I say relieved as I take her hands into mine
"I know you are baby"
I hug her again as tight as I can against my body, then we drink our hot cocoa as I call my mum and uptake her about this thing in the US and she updates me on the UK. I tell her to be safe as much as she can, getting her groceries delivered to her house.

After talking a bit more, Zawe goes to the bathroom to do her night routine while I, after rinsing the mugs, walk into the boys dim room.
Charlie is sprawled on the bed, half of his body covered by the blanket, the other half out. Oliver is positioned like a baby in the womb clutching tightly his little bunny.
I go over Charlie's bed first, cover him, and kiss him on the head, then it's Ollie's turn and I do just the same.
I go near the door and turn back to them
"Daddy loves you my little boys" I whisper
I leave the door half open just in case and go to our bedroom where I find Zawe already in bed reading a journal.
"Went to kiss the kids goodnight"
"You are the best daddy in the world"
"And you are the best mummy"
I join her in bed, hugging her body close to mine, spooning her and kissing her neck a few times before putting all the worries away and saying a last 'I love you'.

A/n

Hi my dear readers!
Hope you are all doing good!
I'm sorry if I haven't updated for the whole week, but I'm back.
Hope you like this chapter, votes and comments always appreciated, as well as suggestions❤️