Chapter 39

*Tom pov*

Today is going to be a quite the exciting day, for the first time in more than ten years I'm going to see again my primary school classmates.
The school has organized a party for all the students who frequented it in my year.
Of course we can bring a plus one so Zawe is coming with me while Charlie stays with my mother.

"What should I wear love?" Zawe asks me entering the bedroom with her robe on
"What ever you are more comfortable in" I say kissing her neck briefly "a dress, jeans and blouse, sweatpants and sweater...you look good in everything darling"
"Charmer"
"It's the truth" I say planting another kiss on her neck
"I guess I'm going to go with that long sleeves pink dress you got me for Valentine's Day"
"And I think I know just the right earrings and necklace to match with it" I tell her handing the ones I gave to her last year
"Perfect, I'm going to make my self pretty" she says
"You are already!"
"Go shower" she grabs my arm and pushes me into the bathroom and closes the door.
I wait for the water to become warm and prepare the things I'll need once out to adjust my beard.
I take a nice shower, tie a towel around my waist and then start to work on trimming the beard, put some moisturizer on my face, drying and styling my hair, that since they are getting longer are now curlier then usual thing that Zawe loves, even Charlie, well he likes to pull on my locks with his tiny hands.
When I'm done in the bathroom I step out of it, seeing Zawe putting away her make up. She is still in her robe and she still doesn't know I'm out of the bathroom.
I quietly approach her and snake my arms around her waist, making her jump a bit. I swing form left to right with her in my arms, my head resting on her shoulder.
"Hi" she says
"Hi my love"
"I wish I could stay in your arms for the rest of the day"
"Me too"
"It's really nice and comfy"
"Yes"
"But we have to get dressed and go"
"All my dreams are shattered now" I say
"Get that sexy suit on you Hiddleston"
"Right away ma'am"
I do as she said and dress in a white shirt blue jacket and pants suit. I put socks on, a watch and my favorite cologne.
"I'm ready!" She says standing up from the bed
"Pretty!"
"Handsome!"
"Shall we?"
She grabs my extended hand and we go to the car.

I drive for about half an hour before else reach the school.
When we get in, waiting for all the ex students there is Carol Parker, one of my classmates.
"Good evening Carol!" I say to her, she watches up and smiles
"I certainly do not need you to remind me who you are, Tom"
"It's good to see you again" I say hugging her over the little table
"You too! This is you name label, and I'm going to write your name on one too" she says looking towards Zawe "here you go, see you both later"
"Thanks"
We enter the room where the party is held and I look around to see if I recognize some one.
"Look, that's Blake and Julie with her husband Matt. What do you say if we go say hi to them?"
"I'd like to meet more of your friends yes"

"Hi guys!"
"Thomas William Hiddleston" Blake says "nice to see you"
"You too man! Julie, Matt how are you doing?"
"Good thanks!" Julie says
"Perfect!"
"Can we meet your plus one?" Julie says
"Sure. This is Zawe, my fiancée"
"Nice to meet you"
"You too!"
"Like we didn't know her before..." Matt says
"Just trying to make Tom feel normal and not constantly under the lights of flashing cameras"
"Very thoughtful, thank you"

The afternoon/evening goes on, we eat drink and sit down to talk about our favorite memories in this school and then some of us, me included step in the little stage and start to do some karaoke, some of us are good, others not quite, but who cares? It's just a group of old classmates having tons of fun.