Chapter 53

*Zawe pov*

Days passed and I'm still here, pregnant, now at 40 weeks and five days.
I can barely stand for more than two minutes and I can't really do many things around the house.

After talking with Scarlett and Lizzie I grabbed Charlie's hand and took him outside, I sit on the steps outside our front door as I watch him play on the little grass

Tom is in his study talking on Skype with Luke I guess about some projects for the next year.
As I take some pictures of Charlie my phone rings and I answer to my mum's call

Victoria
Zawe
Charlie

"Hi mum!"
"Hi darling, how are you doing?"
"Fine, he's still inside me"
"Do you have any pain?"
"My back hurts because of the weight, but nothing more"
"Listen, your father and I were thinking we could come visit next week, if you are okay with this and with the baby coming soon hopefully"
"Id love to have you here"
"Sam can't come unfortunately he has to go to New York"
"Yeah...he told me yesterday when I called him, it'll be for the next time"
"Well he is going to have to me his nephew so..."
"Right"
"Where are you? I hear traffic"
"Oh I'm just outside the door with Charlie, he's playing on the grass"
"Is it sunny?"
"Pretty much yes"
"Don't get cold honey"
"I won't mum, don't worry"
"Good girl"
"Mhm..."
"Zawe?"
"Yeah, I'm here"
"What was that?"
"Nothing mum, I'm just-"
"Darling?"
"Oh okay! Uhm, I definitely think that the back pain was not for the baby's weight"
"What?"
"Pretty sure my contractions just started"
"Call Tom!"
"Well he is in his study door closed and I don't even know if I can stand, it's not easy to stand up at forty weeks without help, oh god!"
"Breath baby girl"
"Mhm...Charlie listen to mummy. Can you go to daddy and call him, please baby"
"Mama"
"Go call dada"
"Did he go inside?"
"Yes, I hope he goes straight to him"
"I'll make your dad call Tom on the phone and I'll stay with you"
"Thank you mum"
"It's okay, just try to relax a bit yes?"