Chapter 66

*Zawe  pov*

Tom and I found out I'm pregnant on Sunday, today is Tuesday and i think I'm going to try and get an appointment with a local doctor.
"Kids are down for their naps" Tom says coming into the living room where I'm sitting on the sofa
"What are you looking at?" He asks indicating the computer placed on my lap
"Local doctors. I want to get an ultrasound"
"I only hope it's not too complicated with the whole pandemic thing" he says sitting next to me
"Mhm...oh look there's this doctor Lane that has lots of positive reviews from patients"
"Try to call the number"

"This is Claire, Doctor Lane's assistant, how can I help you?"
"Hi, I'm Mrs Hiddleston. I'm a British citizen but currently I'm stuck here in Atlanta. Recently I found out I'm pregnant, I have three positive pregnancy test and I was wondering when I could get an ultrasound"
"Hi Mrs. Hiddleston. A patient actually just canceled her appointment for tomorrow at ten, if you are okay with it"
"Sure, got nothing better to do"
"Good, I'll tell you the rules for covid. You must wear a face mask and disinfect you hands once in"
"Of course. Since we are British, only my husband can drive in the US as well and we have two kids so of course we all are going to come. The question is if they have to stay in the car or can come in"
"Preferably outside"
"Got it, thank you"
"Usually patients face time during the ultrasound so that the dad can see too"
"We could do that! Thank you so much Claire!"
"I'll see you tomorrow at ten Mrs. Hiddleston"
"Bye"

I close the call and put my phone away and turn to look at Tom.
"I'm excited but sad that I can't be there with you tomorrow" he tells me hugging my body
"Me too"
Of course we still haven't told anyone about this and we think we are going ti keep it to ourselves for a bit.

~ the next day ~

At 9.50 we are parked outside of the doctor's office, Tom and I share a last kiss before I make my way in.
"Good morning" a girl behind a desk says as I walk in
"Morning. I'm Mrs. Hiddleston, I've got an appointment with doctor Lane at ten"
"I'm Claire, we spoke yesterday on the phone, come this way"
"Thank you"
She knocks three times on a wooden door and a male voice says to come in
"Doctor Lane, Mrs. Hiddleston has arrive"
"Thank you Claire. Morning, please take a seat" he tells me.
I put my bag on my lap as I sit down in front of him
"I'm going to ask you a few questions, my assistant told me that you are not from her and so you're not one of my patients"
"Exactly"
"Complete name and date and place of birth"
"Zawedde Ashton Hiddleston, July 25th 1984 in London"
"Ok. Any illnesses or allergies?"
"No"
"First pregnancy?"
"This is my third"
"When we're the others?"
"2017 and 2018"
"Where they normal or you came upon difficulties?"
"Both normal pregnancies and both babies were born naturally"
"Very good! The first thing I want to do is a blood test, which results will be back in a couple of days, my assistant is going to call you. Ready?"
He says as he stands up and get the things for the blood draw ready
"Yes"
He collects the blood needed for the test and puts it aside.
"You can lie on there, I'm going to leave and let you change"
"Thank you"
It takes me about two minutes to get rid of my pants and underwear, then I hear a soft knock and I let the doctor come in.
"All right, you can face time the dad now"
I pick my phone up and dial Tom, he answers immediately.
"Hello dad, can we proceed?" Doctor Lane says
"Yes!"
"Ok, you are going to feel a bit of pressure"
"Ok" I say and look at Tom on the phone, he has the brightest smile plastered on his face
"There we go, this little dot is your baby. Now I'm going to take some measurements so we can see if it's growing how it is supposed to. By the looks of it you are three weeks"
"Three weeks!" Tom says
"We can't hear the heart beat of the baby yet at this stage but the measurements looks good, congratulations!"
"Thank you" Tom and I say together
"It was nice of meeting you Mr. Hiddleston, I hope next time we can meet in my office"
"Let's hope so!" Tom says before I close the call
"The images will be sent via mail to you"
"Thank you"
He lets me dress again and after a small talk we part ways
"Have a nice day Mrs. Hiddleston"
"You too"

Exiting his office I jump in the car and hug Tom tightly
"I love you" he says
"I love you too darling" I mumble in his neck then turn to look at the boys playing in the back.
Tom drives back home and we prepare lunch together and plan a fun game to do after the kids afternoon nap.

A/n
Hope you like it, have a nice day❤️